10 things I think about the Tigers in '05...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TD TIGER, Aug 18, 2005.

1. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

1. Extra points will NOT be an adventure.
    2. Slow starts will be a thing of the past (to the season that is).
    3. We will no longer be scared to throw over the middle - short, medium, or long.
    4. We will lead the SEC in turnovers forced.
    5. Kyle Williams will have a more powerful motor than David Pollack….and you might hear about it as much by the time bowls roll around.
    6. EDITED B/C THE FIRST #6 WAS A UNREALISTIC. Shyrone will lead the backfield in TDs.
    7. Technical deficiencies from our DBs due to Saban's departure will be well made up for by a trust in, and execution of, a high-powered offense.
    8. Speed, speed, and more speed….and that will just be from the defensive side of the ball, I don't have enough room for the speed on offense.
    9. Matchup problems….everywhere….Green, Bowe, Davis, Doucet….at one time….and that's without having our true deep threat on the field in Carter….yikes!
    10. We won't have to "beg" for respect - the product on the field will be well recognized and acknowledged.

and a #11 for the fans….

11. The 2004 hangover will be long gone and Tiger town will be rockin' again.

2. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

we'll still be hungover every sunday.

there's some cool stuff in there that I'd agree with, but hester leading the team in td's is kidna silly. the respect thing is the figment of someone's imagination... if we didnt have respect we wouldnt be ranked as highly as we are.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:hihi: :hihi:

4. Wolf04

Wolf04 Founding Member

Re-quoted for emphasis. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

If by Jacob Hester you mean Joseph Addai or Justin Vincent, then yes Jacob Hester will lead the backfeild in TD. I really think that Addai will have that honor this year. He is the reality of what the media is hyping Reggie Bush to be.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I like your number 4. While we may not end up leading the league in turn overs, it should be impressive numbers none the less. I don't think there will be any technical difficulties with our DBs. And I also don't think our offense will have to support our defense. This is one well balanced team.

6. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

"10 things I think about '05."

I guess the Hester thing is :rofl: until you consider that Joe could 8, Shy could have 7, Vincent 6, QB could have a couple, WRs a bunch, and a few other guys. With Ally there would be no way, but I think there will be a surprising # of plays drawn up for Hester, and no one guy will carry the load.

As for the respect thing, I guess what I meant was that it would be enough respect to settle even our own fans. If I had a dollar for every time someone on here cried about what some media person says, or on other websites, I'd have Saban kind of money.

7. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

I certainly wasn't implying our offense will have to support our D. I was implying that Saban is a technical junkie. Our DBs will lose some of that with him gone. What I was implying is that if we give up a long TD from one of our DBs getting burned, our offense will be able to overcome it more easily this year, than last.

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Hester may be blocking for most of the td's.

9. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Man, who'd thunk that 9-3 was a hangover even FIVE years ago!

10. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

I haven't watch the Arkansas tape in a few months, but wasn't Hester just laying out a stud linebacker that entire afternoon?