11-2 WOW! What a season!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I wouldn't have considered myself a negatiger, but I was down on Miles until after the Florida game. I was kinda torn on whether or not he should get canned AFTER the season was over. Regardless, I don't think it's doing any good to "not let negatigers back on the bandwagon". I believe we should be happy that Miles and the 2010 Tigers had such a good season and were able to rally us together as a fan base. Look man, I'm eating a little bit of crow b/c I didn't think the season would've been this good. So, can we just celebrate and be happy as one for a really good season instead of pointing fingers and playing the bandwagon-I told you so game? Who cares who was on what side. We're all Tigers and that's what really matters!

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great post, and the very essence of my point. The team and Miles will have ups and downs, but the fan base should always support the team. I understand being critical when it's due, but the fans that were calling for Miles' head when we were 6-0 was ridiculous. The point is there is no on off the Tigers wagon, you're either a fan or you're not.

It takes a big person to admit they were wrong and I applaud those that due. In the future I think if those who are critical would stick to constructive critcism rather than always calling for Miles head I think much of this split in the fan base would go away.

1 person likes this.
  3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I think both sides of the argument are still fans for the most part. I just think some focus on the success over a longer period of time than others do. With regard to how the team is doing, some tend to focus more on "right now" and some tend to focus on a broader time frame. I tend to look at us over the last decade or so, and in that time frame, we're looking pretty good, "down" seasons and all.

As far as this year, nobody wants to see their team get clumsy wins; we all want them to be decisive. But at the end of the year when they have 11 wins for the 4th time out of 6, and 10+ for the 6th time out of the last 10, and just kicked aTm's ass in the Cotton Bowl, it's a little easier to digest. Things don't exactly look like they're going to decline in the near future either.

Good times, are these.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Same here. Nobody beats a Les Miles coached team that's rested and has had time to prepare.

That said, I think Chavis needs to take the next few days off, but come Tues (after the NC game), he needs to go ahead and lock himself in the film room and start figuring out a way to stop Oregon's O; given the fact that spread option teams with running QBs give us fits; especially one that plays such an uptempo style as the Ducks.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If you ask me, regarless of the payout, but now that the Cotton Bowl has been moved to Jerry's Palace, from the old Cotton Bowl at the Fairgrounds, and the date of the game was moved from the 1st, at something crazy like 10 a.m. to a Friday night, primetime on Fox, the Cotton Bowl is the best non BCS bowl, and actually on the same level of a BCS bowl game with all of the pagentry Fox provided last night.

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Cotton bowl was always a bigger game than the Fiesta Bowl. Still kinda surprised it got chosen over the Cotton Bowl as a BCS Bowl.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Had Jerry World been built at the time of the BCS alignments, it wouldn't have been.

But to comment on the topic of the thread, this was a REALLY enjoyable football season, on the level of the '05-'07 seasons. We're on the upswing again, and I have VERY high hopes going into the '11 campaign. Geaux Tigers!

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Agree with this. Especially now that the SEC West has surpassed the East. Recently the Cap One Bowl has been considered the best of the rest, but Cotton is regaining the prestige it once had in the 40s-70s when it was among the Rose, Sugar and Orange.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I heard on a talk radio show that the BCS contract with the Fiesta Bowl is up after this year and they were talking about the Cotton Bowl stepping up to take it's place in the BCS. I like it. The Cotton Bowl used to be a more prestigious bowl back in the day, so it probably should be in the BCS, especially considering the facility.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

They Should take over the Orange Bowl. Makes sense money wise given they can't fill a stadium unless it is a NC.