2 new commits....Molton And Thomas

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jul 25, 2007.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Tim Molton, WR from La & Darron Thomas QB/WR from Tx.

Thomas had an okay camp performance where he practiced only at QB. Molton had a great camp & was the best WR there practicing - J. Taylor was the only other notable WR.

Molton doesn't have many big offers at this point, but most programs were waiting to see about his grade situation. It appears he has brought his grades up & looks like he'll qualify if he sticks with it.

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Re: 2 new commits

So LSU takes one of the Jeffersons and calls it a day for this class as far as QBs?

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

That was sort of related to my question as well. I guess the staff is taking him as a QB and moving him to WR if that doesn't work out.

4. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

According to the guy who runs Tiger Rag, Thomas is a commit, but it's still up in the air whether he's being offered as a QB or as an "athlete". That will be decided in the near future.

5. Level 8 Wizard

Level 8 Wizard Freshman

The news of these triumphs pleases my master.

Hopefully, my tigahspells will help to draw in several more recruits :thumb:

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

He's not an elite QB, but I guess you don't really have to be for Crowton's offense if you are a good athlete. My guess is that we see what other QB(s) we get in next year's class & move him if we can get 1 or 2 good ones.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Seems possible that an elite QB may not want to commit to us this year, with Perrilloux having 2 years after 07, and Lee also in the mix. Maybe next year is the year to get one anyhow.

8. Potted Plant

In what appears to be a year without a whole lot of really great QBs out there nationwide, LSU has lost out on the ones we were targetting. In truth, we had to look well outside of our usual LA/TX/MS/AL/FL recruiting area to find elite QBs to even try to recruit this year. In years with a greater quantity of 4-star calibre QBs we would have had a better chance at one. It was just a bad year for LSU to be in the market for an elite QB, because there were so few out there, and almost NONE in our traditional recruiting areras.

I'm more interested in what Molton's commitment says about our wide receiver recruiting. Are we going to take 6 or 7 commitments from WRs this year?

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, for what it's worth...I saw today that DeAngelo Benton did not qualify...and will be heading to Hargrave. Also, I understand that Demetrius Byrd didn't qualify, either. So if you had them on your depth charts...put that on hold for now.

(forgive me if that had already been discussed...I've been extremely busy lately, and unable to keep up with things as much as I'd like.)

10. Potted Plant

I don't think anything's been said about Byrd not qualifying. What's the source on this? Everything we've heard is that he's on track to qualify if he finishes his summer school class.