Crime 2 NYPD officers fatally shot in ambush

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Dec 20, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Giuliani is pissed because Deblasio is about to turn back the clock on NYC crime to a more dangerous time when police didn't carry out 'stop and frisk' policies and crime was at an all time high.

"Broken Windows" theory works but what the police are missing is connection to the neighborhoods like in the times of the past. That is what the focus should be on. Not less policing.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And he has nothing to do with the comments you usually make here regarding police officers.

Of course it matters. Deblasio is currently a publicly elected and paid official who is the unofficial head of the NYPD! Giuliani is not a current office-holder. He is a figurehead, nothing more.

Deblasio spat racist vitriol aimed at Giuliani and the NYPD. And it was incredibly sexist to boot.

Nonsense. There is always going to be a pecking order of jobs when it comes to danger, stress, divorce, etc. People are always going to take those jobs whether they are good at managing them or not. The point is that it's silly to claim that cops have no right to feel fearful simply because there job's mortality rate isn't in the "top 10". BTW, it was top 10 just 2 years ago when presumably, a majority of today's forces took the oath.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I certainly do not consider him a major US political figure. I had to look it up to see what he was even doing these days. I would consider him the former mayor of NYC who goes on TV as a commentator now and then. Do people still listen and care what he says? Sure but he is only capable of giving opinion, not making policy. Deblasio is the mayor of NYC....the paid and elected official who sits at the top. What he says about the NYPD carries far more weight today in terms of Garner and police activity than just about anyone in NYC, save Chief Bratton.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's great, and bless the police who actually give a shit about their communities and protect and serve. The ones in the video I posted and the ones that have come under scrutiny for killing people without cause make all the police look bad. Not anyone else.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Come on! He was a 2008 Presidential candidate. He could be again. He's clearly an influential republican and fairly moderate, as far as the GOP goes.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Right,

But if one of those officers that got shot at at point blank range would have somehow killed the punk that shot him, well then in your eyes he is a dirty pig. A murderer I think you called it.

If a cop says "stop" then you'd better fucking stop, and not take your damn time about it. His only other recourse is to assume you are one of the thugs in this video. I don't blame them one bit. In their situation I'd of course yell "Stop" but you can bet your sweet ass that hot lead isn't far behind that "p"

HalloweenRun, uscvball and Bengal B like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You see it that way and for what I'm sure are good reasons IYO. I see it differently because I choose to.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

So 6 years ago he ran for President and that makes him relevant today? He never earned more than 14% in any primary and was out of the race in January. Hardly a front-runner or influential character. When you get an endorsement from Pat Robertson, you don't get to call yourself moderate and he's so far right these days, I think his 70 year-old ass is nutty.

The point stands that he is not currently in office or running for office. Anything he says is for attention purposes only. Deblasio is the mayor...paid and elected by the citizens. What he says carries far more weight and has more impact on how the NYPD is viewed and how they, in turn, view him.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not true. You guys seem to forget that the people getting killed weren't armed. I have no issues with a cop taking someone down with a firearm. I mean shit, since you guys can just jump to conclusions I'll do the same. Maybe you are just on the cops side because they are killing black people and you feel it's warranted for that reason.

Those ass holes in the video do not deserve to wear a badge. They disgrace it, and every good cop out there who follows the rules. Those fuckers are cowards.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did you not see the video @mancha posted? There is no way to tell if some of them are armed. One dude drew his piece while the cop was frisk ing him.

Point is that "unarmed" shit just doesn't fly. If the cop says stop then stop. If you give then reason to shoot you then you are probably going to get shot.

Take the furgeson dude, cat was INSIDE the cruiser, he gave reason to get shot and now he is worm food. Don't do that shit and all is well.

HalloweenRun likes this.