2003 Thread - SINCE IT'S RECRUITING TIME....BIGGEST FLOPS IN LSU HISTORY -- ANY SPORT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 16, 2003.

1. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Yes Parquet was recruited by ND. And he was also a punk.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I thought Tito Horford did play at LSU a year or two....i could be wrong.

TigerLifer, the LB is Tim Pope. You're right, but let me say this in Saban's defense. A friend of mine works for a co. that hired some of the football players last summer.....not to get off the topic but yes they did work. Anyway, he quizzed the players about Saban the team, etc. One question was what is Saban like. The response was all business do it right or you're gone...no second chances. The players said the only exception was Tim Pope...he had like nine lives....before Saban let him go. Why? The players said he was the complete package. Big, fast, strong, hit like a truck, could play the game...nobody liked to have to go against him in practice. Put it this way, they said if Pope would have been straight Bradie would have never moved to ILB, he would have stayed outside and Pope would have patrolled the middle. Saban gave him more than enough rope and he couldn't do anything with it. He was one of the top LBs coming out of Fla but no one would touch him b/c of him being a freak....guess Saban thought he could mold a good person out of crap and get him a good football player in the process.....too bad it didn't work.

TL3, on your top guys leaving the state, here's some more:

Kordell Stewart
    Marshall Faulk
    Reggie Wayne
    Ike Hilliard
    Mike Stonebraker (spelling?)
    The Manning's
    Any kid out of St Aug

3. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

One one name needs to be stated:

TYRONE MALONE!

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Did LSU recruit Terry Bradshaw back in the day? He was an amazing high school quarterback at Woodlawn (Shreveport). How in the heck did he end up at La Tech?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The legend is that Bradshaw took the ACT three times and couldn't make a 12 which was what he needed to get a scholarship to LSU at the time. Where was a crooked test-monitor when you needed one?

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I beleive Cecil Collins could have been one of the best backs in LSU history and maybe even all of college football. He had the tools for greatness but he couldn't keep himself out of trouble.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Would not go to Class

1.Stan Humphries

Hallman ruined Jermaine Sharp putting a freshman in a no score game right before halftime at A&M and on his first play inside A&M 20 gives the ball on a toss sweep and he fumbled. The rest of his career he was just like that.

8. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

Stanley Roberts. He was supposed to better than Shaq. But only one year playing for us.

9. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Biggest bust: CURLEY HALLMAN

every year I would hear the recruiting gurus tout this guy's TOP TEN classes. He never won more than 5 games in a season. Some of that talent was legitimate as evidenced by Dinardo, of all people, winning for 3 years with most of his team made up of Curley's boys.

Terry Bradshaw did commit to LSU but wanted to back out because his HS teammate, Trey Prather, was 3rd team QB at LSU. He knew he couldn't beat out Prather so he thought he should go elsewhere. He claims that he failed the ACT on purpose to get out of his commitment. If this is true then it was a stupid move because that is were the "Terry is dumb" thing got started. Of course he's made himself a nice career out of "being dumb".

Prather eventually left LSU, joined the Marines and died in Viet Nam.

10. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I heard a different version on Terry. The word is; LSU thought Terry was too short to play QB. What about the QB that left North LA and went to Arkie and NFL "Bills". Why did Stan Humpheries(spelling) transfer from LSU? Didn't Herb Tyler win the position over him or was he behind Hodson.