2010 New World for LSU football !

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Nov 8, 2010.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

We win out ! Not going to be easy to do and we need to take one game at a time but this is the time of year the what if's start.

LSU will be 11-1

This Sat we pull for the Dogs to win - if the Dogs win OH BOY!

If Auburn wins it still ain't over

If Bama beats Auburn we will jump Auburn in the BCS while they are on to play in Atlanta. LSU will have a higher BCS number than either Auburn or the Gators taking the Gators beat USC like it think they will.

If Auburn beats the Gators and go 12-1 they go to the BCSNC game.

If the Gators beat Auburn I think we will beat out TCU at that point based on the final human polls and our computer standing. It would be very close but I think all hell breaks out when a one loss SEC team beats out Boise and TCU for the big dance.

The other shoe is Oregon

Sat, Nov 13at California7:30 pm--
    Fri, Nov 26(18) Arizona7:00 pm--
    Sat, Dec 4at Oregon StateTBA

They have to win out!!

Many things could happen

the most important thing for LSU is to WIN OUT!!!!

2. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I'm just not sure without going to the SECCG. I think all Hell would break loose when they pitt TCU and Boise in the BCS Championship!

Honestly, If that happens...LSU, Auburn, and Oregon are sitting with one loss at the end of the season...Auburn and Oregon still play for the title. If Auburn ends up with two losses (for instance: Bama and UF), and LSU and Oregon both have one loss, it'll be Oregon and TCU. Pretty much bank on that. Furthermore, if that happened, a three-loss UF would represent the SEC in the Sugar while the 3 teams that beat them, some with much better records, go to lesser bowls.

3. TigerCliff

If LSU wins out and makes it to Atlanta we will jump TCU

If Auburn ends up with a 2nd loss and we are there at 11-1 it will be close between TCU and the Tigers CLOSE

If the Ducks trip same - CLOSE

WE win 3 more games and beat a good Arky team at Arky - LSU gets a bump

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It has happened before, however it was in 01 and the formulas for the BCS were alot different, and it was the Big 12 championship.

5. TigerCliff

come on Beavers!!

come on Dogs!!

thank you Les and boys for making this so much fun!!

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

An Undefeated TCU team will get in, they have played the best record of the mid majors....comes down to Oregon...has to win out, Auburn wins out or drops one game before winning the sec champ game would still go if oregon drops a game. Lsu needs auburn to drop 2 games before sec championship for us to go, then if Oregon wins out they're in vs either tcu or lsu. The 3 best shots at getting there belong to.......
    1. Oregon
    2. Auburn
    3. TCU
    If 1 or 2 loose tcu will be in there, I just think oregon will drop one and you will see Auburn and tcu.