2010 UNC Game Thread ABC 7pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Aug 30, 2010.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Back in the saddle for another year

[​IMG]
    This is T.J. Yates. A man who knows fear.

[​IMG]
    Look closely, you can see it in his eyes

[​IMG]
    ALERT! INCOMING DEFENDERS! SACK IMMINENT! ASSUME SAFE POSITION!

[​IMG]
    24 times last season, against an ACC schedule. With 15 INTs.

As if he even has a chance against our great Steampunk Emperor and his fleet of Pain Dirigibles
    [​IMG]

Should Yates, by some miracle, get off a pass, we have a secret weapon. To some more myth than reality. A legend spread in hushed whispers by OCs across the south, A man with the ability to literally bend the air to his will.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxqJjwuUCvg[/media]

But, it's not like we are playing a bunch of patsies, UNC has one of the most gifted and talented defenses in the entire country. I mean, we are practically going up against the Baltimore Ravens. Just look at theses guys

[​IMG]
    Image redacted by the NCAA pending further investigation

Well, that certainly changes things. What do you have to say for yourself, Butch Davis?
    [​IMG]

And your reaction Coach Miles?
    [​IMG]

That's what I thought.

The UGA Dome has been kind to us in the past, but how will we matchup against an ACC team?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah. This is going to be a blood bath.

A great way to start a season. To build momentum. To bring back that fighting spirit! I don't wanna hear "It can't be done" I don't wanna hear "We aren't good enough" I want to see that Passion and Fight that I know you all have for this football team. The season starts right here in ATL, and above all, I want to see some enthusiasm on the sideline!

[​IMG]

That is EXACTLY what i'm talkin' about!

Game is on the Grandaddy of them all, ABC. Off hand I cant remember the last time we had a regular season game on the wide world of sports. Who's calling this thing anyway?
    [​IMG]

Oh dear, time to get out the radio. No online legal streaming that I know of (ABC means no ESPN3) but c'mon. It's on ABC. Find some rabbit ears.

GEAUX!

5 people like this.
  2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

TIGERS!!!!

cannot wait!

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Worth the wait - nicely done! let's GEAUX!!!!!

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

brother pod, i bow to your greatness!

can i get a standing ovation for the podster, along with another

GEAUX

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

TIGERS

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Awesome intro PodKatt. Boy that Patrick Peterson video got the juices flowing!

I'm not expecting some ridiculous standard of perfection, like a 77-0 beatdown. I just want to see a strong, well-disciplined football team execute well, hang tough, respond well when challenged with adversity, and compete and play hard for 60 minutes. I want to see balance and execution on offense, and a smart, attacking, relentless defense. Win or lose, I want this team to play like they have purpose. I want to see something of their character. I want to see that they have heart.

I don't want to be left with more questions than answers on Sunday. I don't want to be left with an uneasy feeling that something isn't right, that this team is somehow lacking. Believe it or not, a small part of me would rather see a passionate, inspired, hard-fought loss than a lackluster, flat, kinda-didn't-really-show-up-and-were-very-lucky win.

Whatever will be, will be. We've prepared all we can. Let's just hope we see what we need to see come Saturday.

1 person likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

am anxious to see continuity from the o line

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I bet an 8th grader his yearly grade today..He took Carolina for the A, I took LSU for his F.

Too bad, he has a pretty good average. (Oh yeah, we are year round so we have a quarter under our belt already!

Another sucka has bet me his grade based on Bama. A if Bama whups us by 20, F if not. I am gonna like that one, too!

Geaux Tigers.

PS: We have three kids, that I know of, from our middle school going to Hot Lanta...all are LSU Fans! Not bad for Eastern NC.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I'm all giddy now. Way to geaux Pod!

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be