2011 class predictions.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by geauxtigers45, Feb 3, 2011.

1. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Just for fun, I'm going to post some questions, copy the questions and give an answer about this year's class.

1) Who's your sleeper and why
    Mica Eugene CB. The guy is an animal, flies across the field and hits with power. I think he may be this year's T. Mathieu

2) Who starts from day one?
    Freak Johnson. The guy is a college ready DT with an amazing first step penetrates well and will be our next Glenn Dorsey

3) Who disappoints?
    I'm going with Paul Turner. I just don't see it in this guy. QB turned DB, doesn't seem to be a hitter.

4) Who is our biggest project?
    Steven Rivers QB. I think he'll need the most grooming, and needs to avoid brother comparison to succeed. I do expect big things from him in the late future though.

Your turn.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The thing with Turner is that like Randle, he gave his team the best chance to win playing QB. He wanted to play receiver at WMHS, which is what he'll likely start at in Baton Rouge. he played some at Safety in the playoffs the last two seasons with some success. I think it might take a season or two, though.

It took Early Doucet a little while to get some consistency making a similar change. Paul is certainly smart enough to not have any issues making the change. I don't think he'll ever be All-SEC.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dorsey didn't start until he was a junior. The last defensive lineman I can remember who started from game one was AJ Duhe in 1973. I'd like to see another one like him, but it doesn't happen very often.

4. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

4) Who is our biggest project?
    Steven Rivers QB. I think he'll need the most grooming, and needs to avoid brother comparison to succeed. I do expect big things from him in the late future though.

I don't think so much of Grooming, I just think he needs to hit the weight room. His father was his QB Coach in high school and his brother is the starting QB for the Chargers. I think between his father and his brother he is getting enough grooming.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Booger McFarland started every game at DT his freshman year. Chuck Wiley, Gabe Northern and James Gillyard were the other DL starters with him I think.