2011 WR Nigel King

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 17, 2009.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I'd be happy just to have an early signing period for football like they do for every other sport. That way, the kids who were really serious and had their mind made up to get it over with and go to a particular school could sign and be done with it. That's good for the kids and the school. The ones who wanted to wait for NSD and "enjoy the process" could still do that. Easy for everyone all the way around. For the life of me, I can't understand why the NCAA doesn't approve an early signing period for football.:huh: If it's good enough to have it for the other sports, why not football? :LSU231:

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think the reason is because ESPN won't let the NCAA have an early signing period. ESPN makes too much money televising the drama of meaningless all star games replete with the stupid hat tricks, etc.

Look what ESPN made the NFL do with the draft last night. It was several hours of a jubilee of ungrounded opinions, meaningless speculation and uber hype spewed forth by unbridled egotists.

There was so much graphical nonsense on the screens at the same time that it was actually difficult to read...but it gave the producers and announcers something to do I guess.

Wake me up when it's all over. I really wish for the days of Grantland Rice. Then sports fans would see the difference between journalism and too much useless information.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Totally agree that hype and profit are two big factors that drive this whole process and unfortunately it's probably not going to change. Money talks and ESPN has tons of it. I could do without the hat-tricks as well, but I have to admit I was sure happy when Ego Ferguson put that LSU hat on last signing day! :hihi: I'm still gonna hold out some hope that someday we'll get an early signing period for football, I just won't hold my breath.:grin: :LSU231: