2014 DB Laurence "Hootie" Jones (Decommitted from Alabama)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mobius481, May 21, 2013.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Ponansky was speculating about this…Would only happen if LSU passes on Hootie because we land Adams IMO. But I would think Ole Miss would be next on the list due to distance.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Would we pass on hootie for Adams or take both?

3. bhelmLSU

Adams 1st and foremost. And if no issues retaining Adams to take Hootie as well I believe the staff will do so.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think we will want Hootie to play OLB. If he is willing to do so, then there is no recruit overload issue regarding the safety position.

Herb likes this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

confused by this, Hootie at best is SS and maybe OLB, Adams is a ball out free safety.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. bhelmLSU

Hootie is not wanting to hear about LB right now but understands he could grow out of S spot. We have Adams at the top of the board and don't want to mess things up with him by going ahead and letting Hootie just jump in. We have told Adams we are only taking one more and it is his spot.

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Which is why I dont think we take Hootie. Hootie is enrolling early and Adams inst announcing till the all star game. Hope this doesnt bite us in the arse and we lose both.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I'm honestly over Hootie. I don't worry too much about losing in-state guys because you can't sign them all and you need to be more concerned with the needs in each class. I saw a picture of Hootie the other day and realized that he's pretty huge. I mean he just looks like an OLB. If he wants to come here and play that position, great. If not, oh well. Either way, I'm just glad he de-committed from the gumps.

9. bhelmLSU

All Star game is Jan 2nd and last day to enroll early is around Jan 27th. We are in the dead period currently so no face to face visits but that will be lifted between the time he has to decide.

So LSU and Hootie have time to discuss things and Hootie has time to take visits if needed before making a decision.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Man, I hate to turn hootie away without knowing for sure on Adams. We could get burned here.