Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

2014 Jazz Fest

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Well, this lineup doesn't look like an ordinary Jazz Fest lineup. It looks more like a Hangout Festival lineup.

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/

Phish?! I thought they were banned from Jazz Fest since they brought too many people back in '96?
  2. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

I'll pass.
  3. Cajun Sensation

Cool. Now if I can get the other 500,000 people to agree to stay away, I can watch the bands comfortably with no bathroom lines.
    shane0911 and KyleK like this.
  4. Cajun Sensation

The website has crashed. They weren't ready for all of that traffic.
  5. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

That's a big reason I don't go anymore... I started staying home and going to the Blues Festival.
  6. Cajun Sensation

Yeah, it can get quite uncomfortable. What I always found humorous is the people that get pissed when you accidentally step on a corner of their blanket that they spread out in the middle of a rock concert. I usually tell those dudes to go suck a bag of dicks.
    KyleK likes this.
  7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've only been to Jazz Fest about three times but always had a blast, maybe because I was younger and went with good friends that knew how to have a good time.

I've been to Festival International in Lafayette more often, which is always the 1st weekend of Jazz Fest. Festival International is free, set up fairly well in the downtown area, family friendly, and usually a pretty good mix of music.
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Avett Brothers, Jason Isbell, and Public Enemy on opening night would highlight my trip but I will be on another trip unfortunately.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Always had a blast at "downtown alive" don't know if they still do that but whew, like shooting fish in a barrel. It was just everywhere, didn't even have to try.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

big fat chronic joint and arcade fire would be super cool.