2014 OT Cameron Robinson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Harris needs to be peer pressuring the hell out of him, as does everyone else......c'mon big fella! Daddy Miles and the Tigers need ya.

geauxtigs likes this.
  2. sslewis1965

sslewis1965 Not Dark Yet

I think Fournette would fill a bigger need at LSU. LSU is going to have a good O line with or without Cameron Robinson. After 2013, though, we might be depleted of high caliber running backs (unless Brazil becomes a RB).

Trust me. I want Cam Robinson playing for LSU. Yet look at Alabama's O-line last year -- great! -- yet they almost lost to LSU and GA and did lose to TAM.

Hopefully Brandon Harris' logic of playing for the pride of Louisiana by playing at LSU will help land Cameron and others.

3. sslewis1965

sslewis1965 Not Dark Yet

Hootie Jones seemed to be recruiting Cam Robinson while both attended LSU's camp this week. Clapp has been very forward in recruiting Robinson.

Would help if Hootie Jones went ahead and committed to LSU.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Uhhhh, they won the national championship last year.

5. sslewis1965

sslewis1965 Not Dark Yet

Not sure what your reply means in the context of the recruitment of Cam Robinson or about which prospects might be most important for LSU this year.

If off subject, though, let's remember that Saban himself admits that Alabama had some "luck" two years in a row (2011 and 2012) with Oklahoma State and Kansas State, respectively, losing late in the season to allow Alabama to climb up to the #2 rank and play in the BCS CG. LSU certainly had some "luck" in 2007 after losing two games to lowly ranked teams but still making it into the NCG.

Back to Cameron. I would concede that he might, in the long-term, be more important to LSU than any other prospect in this 2014 class, because he could, in turn, help recruit other OL to LSU and help develop them. I think he's not only very coachable, but he has that innerdrive to improve himself and motivate his teammates to improve. Coaches and players love having that kind of player leadership on the team.

Imagine if CR did for LSU OL what Patrick Peterson has done for LSU's DBU status.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

you were downplaying the importance of the o-line. I disagree.

7. sslewis1965

sslewis1965 Not Dark Yet

Mobius, sorry that you misunderstood what I wrote above. I was not downplaying the importance of the o-line, in general, or specifically LSU's o-line or Alabama's o-line. The o-line is important. Now we agree.

Cam Robinson is an important prospect for LSU's o-line. But I don't think he is necessary for LSU to defeat Alabama, to win SEC championships, or play in national championships. I don't think he will play for Alabama, but if he does, I think he will play on the losing team more than 50% of the time.

8. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

hell, even though bama is so widely considered THE elite program in the sec, it's not like they've consistently outplayed us. much of the blame has to placed on end of game playcalling. i have every confidence now that we have elite coaching on both sides of the ball...as long as clm lets cameron do his thing. they have no better talent than we do, that's for sure.

1BIGTIGER and tigerchick46 like this.
  9. sslewis1965

sslewis1965 Not Dark Yet

My 11:50 PM post above should have read "Cam Robinson" rather than Cam Cameron.

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner