2016 OLB Michael Divinity Recommits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Oct 12, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The things I do....

Michael Divinity, a four-star linebacker at John Ehret, announced his commitment to the Tigers on Twitter.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Divinity is in his third year starting for Ehret and is considered one of the top linebackers in the country.

He is ranked the nation’s 48th-best player in ESPN’s top 300 for the Class of 2016 and the No. 5 outside linebacker. ESPN ranks him the No. 6 player in the state.

He visited Florida State, Texas A&M and Oregon earlier this season and is scheduled to visit LSU this weekend when the Tigers play Florida.

In a September interview with The New Orleans Advocate, Divinity said he was planning to graduate in December and enroll at whatever college he chose in January.

“I only had three classes left, so I talked to my mother and father and coach (Corey) Lambert, and they thought I should do it,” he said. “I think it is going to better me. It will help me get bigger, faster and stronger and get an early start on college life.”

Divinity is the centerpiece of an Ehret defense that has recorded three shutouts this season.

He is one of five Ehret players who have made verbal commitments, joining athlete Caron Baham (Missouri), linebacker Dejon Harris (Arkansas), defensive back Jarrius Wallace (UCF) and defensive end Kerry Starks (Grambling).

Divinity would join his former Ehret teammate, Tigers sophomore running back Darrel Williams, at LSU.

Divinity is the 19th player in the Class of 2016 to commit to LSU. Players can make their commitments official on National Signing Day, set for Feb. 3.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

More...

What a way to close the weekend for LSU.

John Ehret linebacker Michael Divinity, a 6-foot-2, 225-pound senior, announced his commitment to the Tigers late Sunday night.

Divinity is rated as the No. 48 overall prospect by ESPN, the No. 83 overall player by 247Sports and the No. 100 overall prospect by Rivals. He is a consensus four-star prospect and is also an Under Armour All-America Game selection.

I Am Officially Committing To Louisiana State University ❗️ #LSU #Tigerspic.twitter.com/GoeLOCoKFv

— Michael Divinity (@Tht_Boy_Mike) October 12, 2015
    Divinity took official visits to Florida State (Sept. 5), Texas A&M (Sept. 11) and Oregon (Sept. 26).

Last season as a junior, he finished with 74 tackles, including 17 for a loss, eight sacks, five forced fumbles and four fumbles recoveries.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Was just about to post this, too. What a big get for us at a position of strong need.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

where you been Dad? glad you're back

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Definitely a great and much needed pickup!

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn that's huge. Much needed. Thank you @LSUDad stick around man!!

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Aggs were going to be very disappointed...Great pickup

Brian likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

FYI he committed to the staff after the Auburn game.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

but but but that never happens b. You have your wires crossed lol ;)

bhelmLSU likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well all I know is if he is really good he could see some playing time next year because LSU is extremely thin at linebacker.