Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

4G WiMax, 4G LTE, 3G...

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsutiga, Aug 14, 2012.

1. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

Be easy, I'm SO not in tune with cell phone technology. Still don't even have the net on mine. Do most people still have 3g?

Say, hypothetically speaking, of course, a person wanted to get a cell phone jammer. Not all "jammers" block any/all calls so would a 4GLTE and 3G (as well as CDMA, GSM, DCS, PCS) enable the holder to stop all cell phone activity in a given area?

I put 4G WiMax in the thread title not knowing exactly what it is but cell phone jammers seem to either block one or the other.

Here's a link in case someone needs to frame all this shit better.

http://www.jammerall.com/products/Grey-Portable-High-Power-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Jammer--.html
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

att has hspa+ but falsely advertise they have 4g. it was the fastest 3g attainable but that may have changed.

i think its 4g wimax/lte, hspa, 3g, 2g/edge, hsdpa and umts maybe.

whats the point of a jammer.
  3. lsutiga

Cut off the loud asshole in a restaurant, the idiots who walk into my office blabbing on one, etc.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

You should just train your ducks to poop on their heads.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats kinda weird it seems. If it was teenagers having a signal would make for complete silence. they text standing next to each other.
  6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

There are more acronyms I don't know the meaning of in these two posts than I've ever seen in my life......you lost me at 4GLTE.

Lets recap Tiga, you hunt, you catch small turtles that are harmless because big ones scare you, you want to raise ducks because the are pretty and I'm pretty sure you will eat them at some point, you know what cows peeing in a flat rock sounds like and now you want to jam cell phones......well in the words of Clark Griswold "if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be anymore surprised than I am right now".
    fanatic likes this.
  7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

ATT has 4G LTE here in Mandeville. Using speedtest.net, I get 22.25 Mbps down and 14 Mbps up.
  8. lsutiga

Man as I read this part I thought you must be omish then as I read on, a terrorist.

No sir. In my home is the one place I don't need a jammer. I pay for the "loved ones'" phones so I just tell them to turn 'em the phuck on vibrate.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

What gets me is when they don't answer the effing thing. I will call that 16 year old and I know he has the damn thing sitting in his lap and it will just ring and ring because he keeps it on silent. That shit will send me into a rage. One of these days he is going to need a surgeon to remove that iphone from his body. I have not yet determined the entry point but one day it will be a problem for him.
    TigersTailgating likes this.
  10. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

My 9 year old had to teach my gf how to use her Kindle Fire HD. Pretty damn funny watching a child give instruction to an adult, then having to show her again because she didn't get it the first time. I kinda like the world without cell phones to be honest. I dropped mine in water and it took like 2 months to get a replacement... never missed not having my phone.