5 players report out-of-shape

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

According to the Advocate, 5 players reported Sunday out of condition. Four, including JaMarcus Russell, were injury-related but one was not. Anyone know who he was?

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think the talk of JaMarcus needing to drop a few pounds was something seperate - not that he was one of the 5 to report out of shape.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Another year, another incidence in which what kind of shape JaMarcus is in come August is unclear.

The two things we heard about the Manning Passing Academy last month when it came to JR was (1) how good his arm looked and how far the throws were and (2) how good shape he looked to be in.

#2 was incorrect, apparently. Was there some injury that occured over the last 2-3 weeks (between Manning and now) that's the cause of this?

If you've got two QBs wedged up your a**, clawing to take away your job as starting QB on a national title contender...and you come to August camp out of shape (and I don't care about weight, I'm talking being in shape)...wow.

Aren't true leaders self-motivated enough to prevent this from happening (allegedly) two years in a row? I think it's a fair question to ask...

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't see where Miles said Russell's conditioning was a real problem. Sounds like he's talking about a few pounds. You sweat that off in a hurry the first week of practice.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

heard it was mostly muscle.

6. clair

clair Rockets

If he was indeed only 5 or so lbs overweight, he could have easily gained that since the Manning Camp.

That was what? 3 weeks ago?

Not like this is an issue anyway. He'll have it lost by Friday.

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Well they (Miles and staff) are talking about weight not shape... they say that JR is over weight not out of shape. Read the article linked in an above post. Basically meaning he needs to trim down a few pounds (of muscle) to be where they want him to be.

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

now, there's a problem i wish i had!

9. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl:
    :thumb:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Russell is 6-6 and has a big frame. He can carry more weight than the average quarterback. He's a drop-back passer like Rohan (also a heavy QB) and isn't expected to get into the running game. If he can become as hard to tackle as Rohan was, I won't be complaining.