5 Star WR?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Oct 23, 2010.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

How many did you count tonight?

For me, ZERO.

We dropped a ton of passes tonight.

2. P&G_wheelz007

While we're busy fussing about Miles, Crowton, QB's, or how much the D let us down today, let's examine our WR...

TT had 3, 4 or 5 dropped passes. Several that would kept the chains moving and our O on the field.

Our only turnover of the day should have been caught by Randle. That throw wasn't terrible. A 5 Star WR coulda/shoulda/woulda caught that one.

RS rarely, if ever, breaks a tackle.

It's real hard to sustain drives and score points when WRs aren't making plays.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Prove it.

4. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Cant go for that one, but, plenty of other examples of under performing. Understand frustration on their part but .......... Had the feeling TT quit on JJ down the stretch. Plenty of blame to go around. Bottom line , we were dominated.

5. P&G_wheelz007

I totally agree.

But the only way we keep our offense on the field is to move the chains and sustain drives.

We've cut our WRs a ton of slack around here.

We like to call out Miles, Crowton and the QB's, and I'm good with that. Give credit and/or blame where it's due.

But let's be fair about this....

Our WR aren't making enough plays and it's not always play-calling and poor QB play.

6. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

I called JJ out for the "scowl" ........... Props for him after all the drops, didnt see the "scowl" tonight. Saw big white dude corndog boy make a one handed catch behind the head. Come on.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought Randle should have had that ball, was it high, hell yes it was, but i'm sorry, you get your hands on the ball, you should catch it, and he got both hands on the ball.

8. RELANPKA

RELANPKA Founding Member

I'm with you on this one -

TT and Randle are good, but WAY too inconsistent with drops. And I love Shep's character as a kid, but 5* star wr he is not...maybe as a wildcat guy running the ball, but now wr. He seems to be losing his footing and falling down every other catch.

I just don't get it...heard soo many great things coming out of camp about B. Gonzalez working with these guys on route running, coming out of breaks, hands, etc.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have been saying this has been a major problem all year. I stopped counting the drops for the season weeks ago when we were at about 16 drops. There is no excuse for TT to drop a wide open TD pass from JJ.

1 person likes this.
  10. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

Cant you see? It's the coaching stupid! :milesmic: