65 Yards Passing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Nov 17, 2002.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Being down 14 points or more the entire second half and we only gained 65 yards through the air for the entire game. We have more talent than this.
    I believe that some of the blame needs to go to Jimbo Fisher. Outside most of last year with Rohan and Reed we have had some stuggles on offense under Fisher. This with 3 quarterbacks who are now in the NFL, the best receiver in college last year, Royal at TE, Clayton at WR, Toefield and Davis at RB. We had great players the first two years with Fisher. I think that has had more to do with our offensive successes than Fisher. I am not saying he is a bad coach just that he is overrated. 65 yards passing is horrible.
    The biggest concern I have if Saban goes to the NFL is that they will promote Fisher, and we will go through another Archer situation. He did not sound that impressive on the ESPN show about the week before Carolina.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I must have missed it.

At what point did Fisher go into the game at QB?

Surely you're not blaming him for Randall's ineptness.

3. dallastigers

Thats a lame excuse for him. Thats like asking why did we fire Dinardo, since he never got on the field?
    Fisher is the head of the offense. He is Randall's coach. Are you telling me that getting only 65 yards is totally the players fault? I am not saying he is bad, but come on 65 yards passing being down 14 points or more the entire second half. Except for three games this year we have played poorly on offense. Oklahoma has a horrible quarterback yet they put points on the board. ARK's QB is not that great, but they probably would have thrown for more than 65 yards in our situation last night. A&M changes coordinators and they started putting on up points with an average QB(not McNeal??the guy who played against OK but the other guy)
    LSU has talent on offense. It is up to the coach to make the best use of it. I am not saying he should be fired, but he is just as much a part of this as Randal is.

4. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

if you think Fischer is over rated your nuts. He is a great coach did you see what he did with Booty he went from leading the league in picks too all-SEC. Not bad. Marcus is just not a very good QB. He has yet to learn the offense and he's not comfortable with. Hell Clausen may actually be the type of player to run our style of offense who knows.

5. SabanFan

Did it occur to you that we're not as good as we thought we were and Alabama is playing as well as anyone in the country? There are no excuses. We got our tails handed to us by a superior team. Vince Lombardi would have lost that game last night. I am going to defend these coaches at every opportunity. The day we start firing and searching for a new coach is the day I shut it down and pay attention to some of life's important things.
    For now though, I'm ready to put a spankin' on Ole Miss. Never was a Manning fan.

6. dallastigers

I never said he needed to be fired. I just brought up Dinardo's firing because you said fisher was not on the field. I even said he was not a bad coach just over-rated. My point was and is to not put some blame on the coach calling the plays is crazy. I never said we would have won last night or would be undefeated. I just think having only 65 yards is at least part coaching. Why is that such an issue for you??

BigJ4LSU. I am not nuts. He is over rated. It is not like Booty did not have some talent. He is still in the NFL. Anybody after Dinardo and his last coordinator would look great. Have you heard him speak? He does not sound impressive.

7. SabanFan

8. dallastigers

You must be a democrat. Put down the person when you cannot beat their ideas.

9. SabanFan

To disagree with someone is not putting them down. And I'm about as Democrat as Rush Limbaugh. If I'm not watching football I'm tuned to Fox News.

10. dallastigers

I guess I just believe that it is the coaches responsiblity not 18 to 22 year old kids. I guess I could sit back and blame the players. I guess if it were up to you we would still have Dinardo as a coach since the coaches cannot be blamed.
    I believe that Fisher is the highest paid assistant coach in football. He has not earned that this year. Should he be fired? No! Should he be forced to take some(just some Saban Fan) responsiblity for lacklusted offensive performances? Yes! If I were in his position I would take full responsibity for offense issues and would not want somebody blaming my players.
    To argue that it is all players is showing to much blind faith in coaches. If this was the NFL I would agree with you a little more, but these are still kids.