80-100 casualties in attack on a US base

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I just want to point out that I would've pulled a Truman months ago in some of these
    hostile countries in the middle east.
    This is my policy, screw being nice!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The blitzkrieg, 21-day war was indeed "shock and awe". The sitzkrieg, going-on-three-year occupation is "shocking and awful".

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Red is absolutely right. These attacks on our bases have been ongoing for months now. They finally got lucky and hit a major target with a large concentration of American soldiers. It is a shame our soldiers aren't being protected on their own bases. If it takes bulldozing a half-mile radius around these bases and shooting anything that moves inside those areas then fine, that's what should be done. The cities can be rebuilt later. Mistakes can be forgiven, but failure to learn from those mistakes is unforgivable. Rumsfeld is too pig-headed to learn from mistakes, therefore he himself has become a mistake that must be corrected. Trent Lott said last week Rumsfeld needs to be replaced within the next year - I don't think we can afford to wait that long. At least now Rumsfeld is going to personally sign the letters when a soldier loses his or her life. Maybe if he has any conscience whatsoever this will be the wake-up call he needs. I doubt it. Time for Bush to make a change and find someone willing to support our Armed Forces. Time to get rid of the politics and get the job done.

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I've said this all along and agree with others. Start blowing sh** up I don't care is it's a mosque, church or whore house until sombody starts ratting people out. If France don't like start blowing there sh** up also. Then you can start shipping F***heads out of this country.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

6. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

IMO that makes it worse.

It's bad enough when the reports are that a rocket hit the building. Because I know I asked myself how the hell can we let one of these f**kers get close enough to fire a rocket at our base. It's even worse when the azz hole just walked right in.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It also looks like an inside job from the article, maybe someone known and familiar with
    the base.
    That would explain how they slipped past security, Its time to keep all foreigners away
    from large groups of military which means all bases.

The only other way to stop this kind of thing is once a suicide bomber is identified you
    lynch the family of that person.
    If I remember correctly the Russians or someone did that before and it was quite effective.

8. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I agree. None of those people can be trusted, but I know locals are required to do certain jobs on bases. You'd think they'd be strip-searched and forced to put on jumpsuits or something other than allowed to walk on base wearing their civilian clothing, carrying who knows what.

9. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Do you think this is an urban legend?

I totally agree with the philosophy. I mean while we are at it we might as well dump pigs blood on them or some sh!t like that. I heard somewhere that they believe that just touching a pig keeps you from going to that great sandbox in the sky. If they are using their false god to motivate themselves we might as well try and use it against them.

I was talking to my friend in Afganistan and he says these freaking terrorist are like the damn boogieman there are so many myths, legends and opinions on how to prevent them from attacking. Next thing you know muslims are going to be draculas and all the troops will need to wear garlic and sh!t to prevent them from attacking.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would like to be the one who pushes the button. :thumb: