85-86 VS 05-06 team.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 7, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

LSU's 1985-86 Final Four team would kill this years team.

2. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

maybe in a gun battle or a knife fight.. even in checkers.. but not on the basketball court...

3. olVENICEdog

Better coach, starting 5 and more depth from the bench. I would say Browns tigers would have killed Brady’s Tigers. Plus Browns team had more heart.:eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

4. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

agreed

5. olVENICEdog

You know whats up. Don Redden, Ricky Blanton, Derrick Taylor, Zoran Jovanovich, John Williams, Anthony Wilson plus many more.

6. Jeffinbama

Did this team have the COY, Freshman of the year, player of the year and 2 players on the 1st team of the all SEC team? If this team had played their first and second round games anywhere but at home, they would have been one and done. Get real.

7. olVENICEdog

Hey you SOB Redden was the MVP of the southland don't you dare take that away from him. And this team had a guy get drafted first round in the NBA draft as a sophomore.

8. Jeffinbama

LSU finished the season 9-9 in the SEC. They played only 3 opponents all year that were ranked in the top 20 in the AP or UPI... they finished 5th in the 10 team conference.. they had 1 player make the first team all SEC and one that made the 3rd team. This team was not a very good team as their record shows... They got in the tourney as an 11 seed and got to play at home the first 2 games.. Never in the history of the NCAA will this ever happen again because of what we were able to do. Had we been playing anywhere else but Baton Rouge, we would not be talking about this team today.

Don Redden was a very good friend of mine and I miss him dearly. I am puzzled about the MVP of the Southland... What on earth are you mumbling about..

I would argue that we would have 2 potential first rounders on this team if the draft were held today. This team has far more talent than the 86 team overall. You said that team would kill our team today.. I beg to differ.

9. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

true, this current team is loaded with talent, but i believe that the 1986 team played better as a team, as a whole. remember, we're not looking at individual players. i think to say the 1986 team would have KILLED todays team is a little strong, but i would have to say that they would beat them come march

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well... there was something that was a contributing factor in several of those sec losses for the 86 team... but you know what it is, being the expert on that team..............