9-3!!! Did this met your realistic prediction/expectation or not?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Nov 28, 2009.

?

9-3!!! Did this met your realistic prediction/expectation or not?

1. 9-3 met my realistic prediction/expectation

79 vote(s)
    79.0%
  2. 9-3 did not meet my realistic prediction/expectation

19 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I have no idea

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Based on our talent, the brand-new defensive staff, the green QB, and the toughest schedule in the SEC (along with Arkansas), had you told me we'd have finished 9-3 in the beginning of the season, I would have taken it. However, I did think we'd win one of our games against Florida and Bama.

Listening to the pre-season LSU radio shows where everybody called in to give their prediction, not a lot of people were saying we'd do better than 9-3. One guy even said he expected at least 5 losses--no offense to LSU or the team (and he was saying he was a huge Tiger fan), he just said "we don't have the horses this year" when it came to star talent. And I felt him when he said that.

So all-and-all, I'm pleased with 2009, but expect us to do better over the next two seasons.

P.S. should have put "meet" not "met" in title. Sorry, can't edit it.

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

9-3 preseason prediction moved to 10-2 when I saw how the season shaped out. A 10 win season is a success, though.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I thought we'd finish 9-3 or 8-4... I figured a loss at Florida and figured Bama and Ole Miss and UGA could go either way. While 9-3 is a decent finish, just think where we would've been if we could actually keep drives alive. I think a new OC next year, will help bring the other piece we're missing to the team.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Hopefully Lafell isn't lost for the bowl game, we're going to need his presence in a bad way.

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

They met my expectations because I know Crowton sucks, the offense is basically getting destroyed by the OC... with that in mind... very luck to have 9 wins.

Until you get good coaches in there, LSU will have to out talent the other team and you are going to have a hard time out talenting Florida, Georgia, and Alabama every year.

6. DisplacedLSUFan

DisplacedLSUFan Veteran Member

I thought they would do worse, however, it is hard for me to be positive about it considering they were in situations to have a better record.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

This met my expectation, I predicted 9-3, with losses to Fla., Bama, and one out of Auburn, Ole Miss, Arky. I thought the D would be improved and it was (I thought our linebacker play was the biggest improvement). My main concern on offense was Jefferson, and that proved to be true. I was surprised that our running game was not better with Scott, but that seemed due to poor play on the o-line, which didn't run block nor pass block very well. I liked our receivers, probably the best part of the team. Randal really looks good coming up, reminds me a little of Early Doucet.

8. LSU Tiger Eyes

LSU Tiger Eyes Founding Member

The coaches should lose 10% of their payroll for every "L"

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I predicted 9-3 however unless they fix the offense for next season we will probably have the same season as this year.
    Crowton needs to go bye bye after the bowl game.

10. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I really thought we would be 10 - 2 for the season. I did not think we had the team to beat Florida or Alabama. So we did not meet my expectation - only because of the Ole Miss loss. However, 9 - 3 is OK.

I just hate the loss to Ole Miss. Not only because of the way it happened, I just don't like Ole Miss.

:eek:ldskule: