A guage by which to measure Leslie's intentions...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 9, 2011.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Tomorrow, the recruiting dead period ends. If CLM does not make a definitive statement and/or inform recruits first thing tomorrow that he has absolutely no intention to leave LSU, then he is good as gone.

Every coach of every team that recruits against LSU will be on the phone with LSUs recruits urging them to change their commitments. They will use the coach change angle against LSU. The only way this remains an affective strategy is if there is some doubt.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good point.

Which recruits that have signed are LSU locks regardless?

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Hard to say. Who can say what is in the head of a teenager, with so much influence coming from every direction? Its just a question of who is committed to LSU and who is committed to Les Miles.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

None. Once they've signed they're ours and they can't sign until Feb.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The recruiting dead period has been over since January 3rd.

Next.

1 person likes this.
  7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Mettenberger. JUCO can sign. Plus we've got a couple other early enrollees...although that doesn't mean they've signed. Just means they're starting school at LSU in two days or so. Hilliard and Johnson, IIRC.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

So now that we've shot that theory out of the sky, let's discuss.

The dead period ended on January 3rd. Shortly thereafter, Jeremy Hill RECOMMITS to LSU. HMMM...so here's MY theory. Hill discussed his intentions with the staff (Miles), and was told to come on...I'll be here as your coach.

FWIW, Jeremy Hill could've contacted Coach Miles during the dead period anyway. Miles and staff just couldn't contact HIM.

9. LSUTiga

I was surprised to learn just how much weight is placed on the player/coach relationship when kids make this decision. Vball first clued me in to it then when I had a Rivals subscription I would OFTEN see coments from kids that made it clear that it was a huge factor.Not discounting the program by any means but say a kid has several offers from "big" programs and aside from distance, the coach relationship is up there.

That said, if a kid had his heart set on LSU, given the amazing youthful talent of our team, I think we'll fare very well. A friend and I were discussing that at coffee this a.m. If I were a kid looking at choices and LSU was one, I'd be stoked to join that bunch. LSU is primed for several more very good years as it stands now and not taking into regard what kind of classes we sign in the upcoming years.

10. LSUTiga

Those are enrollees, they aren't in question...or are they? I took this discussion to be talking about kids in HS, they can't sign until Feb.

If we're talking about enrollees, maybe we should speculate who's transferring too? :lol: