A Letter From Joe Alleva

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 11, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Dear Tiger Fan,

We are entering the home stretch of another memorable LSU football season while preparing to launch a number of other sports seasons for our other athletics teams. Allow me to take a few minutes of your time to address several important issues.

FOOTBALL VS. LOUISIANA TECH

The Tigers will take on Louisiana Tech this Saturday night in Tiger Stadium starting at 6 p.m. in our annual Homecoming game. It is also our annual LSU Salutes event as we recognize Veterans Day. It is because of a great many men and women who have served our country, many of whom lost their lives in doing so, that allow us the freedom to enjoy events such as Saturday nights of Tiger Football. Come out and honor our country with a special Veteran’s Day salute by the Tiger Marching Band. The Tigers need your support, so let’s fill the stands on Saturday night.

SEC OFFICIALS

We have received numerous e-mails about the LSU vs. Alabama game and the performance of the officials in that game. Please be assured that there is a mechanism within our conference that allows coaches and administrators to voice their opinion about the performance of officials in SEC athletic contests. We will continue to refrain from making public comments about officials, but that does not mean we do not speak out loud and clear as an institution to the league office when appropriate.

A TRIBUTE TO THE PAST

We will soon be unveiling an exciting one-game change to the LSU football uniform as part of Nike’s Rivalry uniform program that will be a tribute to LSU teams of the past. Our coaches and players are excited to be participating in this program that is being employed by a number of other major schools across the country because it offers a product with cutting-edge fabric and technology. The uniforms, which will debut on LSUsports.net on Sunday, November 22, will feature a unique design with a throwback element that Tiger fans will enjoy for our season finale against Arkansas. This is a one-time uniform adjustment to honor our past. We have no plans to make any permanent changes to the traditional LSU uniform.

SOCCER SUCCESS

The LSU soccer team is enjoying its greatest season in school history, and I hope you will come out and support the team on Friday when the Tigers host an NCAA match for the first time ever. The Tigers reached the finals of the SEC Tournament last week for the first time and secured a No. 4 national seed for the NCAA Tournament. LSU will take on Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Friday at 7 p.m. at the LSU Soccer Complex in first round action. If the Tigers win, they will play the winner of Texas A&M and Memphis on Sunday at 1 p.m. LSU soccer is great fun for the entire family and outstanding competition, so I hope to see you there.

NOVEMBER MADNESS

The men’s and women’s basketball seasons are about to get underway and I hope you have purchased your tickets. We have some great offers on mini-plans for both sports that are affordable and allow you to choose the package that works best for your schedule. The men’s team opens play Friday at 7 p.m. against UL-Monroe and the women’s team gets underway Sunday at 2 p.m. against Centenary. For more information on men’s tickets go to LSUsports.net/miniplans and JumpOnTheVanWagon.com for women’s ticket information.

POST-SEASON FOOTBALL

If you are a season ticket holder, don’t forget to order your post-season football bowl tickets by the November 23 deadline. We don’t know where the Tigers will play yet, but bowl trips are always a memorable event for Tiger fans young and old. Join us for the holidays wherever the Tigers play. Order your tickets at LSUsports.net/postseasontickets .

As always, we welcome your comments at [email protected] . Unfortunately we cannot answer every e-mail we receive, but please be assured they are all read.

Geaux Tigers!

Joe Alleva

Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I hate throwback uniforms. Hate it in the NFL, Hate it in College. The only reason there are throwback uniforms is to con people into wasting their money to buy the replicas.

This is the PR version of peeing on my shoe and calling it rain.

Glad he made the statement that there is no plans to change the traditional uniforms. (until nike comes in and tells them to change it)

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't know. When the Titans played the Jets in throwbacks earlier this season, I thought the Jets looked much tougher in their throwback uniforms.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

from what i hear, these things aren't going to be sold.
    just a one time thing to "test" these new materials.

5. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Like Nike would pass up a quick buck...

TCU and VT's special unis, the only schools "officially" unveiled so far, are already for sale at nikes online store and shortly through the schools themselves.

Thats alright by me, the more i see, the more i really want a pair of those gloves.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

call me crazy but i love the Denver throwback uni's with the wacky striped socks.

7. stegaman

stegaman Founding Member

throwbacks can be a good thing, if the current uniforms are terrible. just look at the buffalo bills throwbacks if you don't believe me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I agree that throwbacks can be very cool. I'm more concerned about preserving the tradition of our current uniforms long term. I don't want to be the Oregon Ducks or others with "modern" uniforms.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

+1

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i, too, want those gloves! its the only good thing about those unis.

+2