A review from a pissed off LSU fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 10, 2014.

1. tigerz0202

tigerz0202 Veteran Member

Name all the excuses you want Saban has out coached Les Miles 4 games straight he is flat out 1000% the better coach.Les may be a nice guy but we all know where nice guys finish at. By trying to force the development of the less talented QB is bad coaching. Poor time clock management is bad coaching. Not challenging questionable calls and there were plenty to chose from in that game is bad coaching. Not being creative on offense is bad coaching. The decision to squib kick with 1:00 left is bad coaching...kick the fucking ball off and out of the endzone stop playing the game scared because that's exactly what he does and that is why we lose games like this, id rather them take the kickoff back and lose legitimately then to lose because you were playing scared. I don't blame the players because they are just teenage kids doing what they are told to do. I don't blame Jennings for sucking i blame the coaches for not giving Harris a legitimate shot. So we can be pissed off every year if we want this is Les Miles , this is what we get year in and out and it will never change.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Agree with most of that

3. lesneedstogo

lesneedstogo Veteran Member

My concern is - next year: All about next year now. I hate to see them loose the last 2 games. This could be critical. These last 2 games are pretty important to win.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

How about the offense participate so the D doesn't have to bail them out again. I hear ya though, how does the D suddenly turn into sieve with a minute left? Can't imagine I'd be proud of that bit of work if I was d coordinator. Of course, i'd point to the offense.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

How can anyone have any confidence in Les when it comes to decisions regarding the QB position? That includes current players, offensive staff members, or future recruits. It's one of the most important positions on the field, and Les just can't seem to get it right.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

After watching the game a second time, there were two, not one but TWO holds on the last drive that kept Bama in it. One was at the beginning of the drive when Rasco was held by the arm and would have at least got a piece of Sims. The other was on the third and four where a tackle was made at the line of scrimmage on one of our lineman that beat the offensive lineman. Again Sims rolls out and makes the completion. Either of those are called and I think they run out time. Anyway I know they missed calls on us against Bama, but it sure looked like a lot of playing was allowed on only one side of the ball.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I understand what yall are saying, but if Chavis' guys wouldn't have showed up Miles' bacon would be burning worse than it is now and we wouldn't still have a shot at 10 wins. That is basically unfathomable to me.

Anyway, I'm just trying to say if we had an offense worth a damn we wouldn't have to worry about the prevent or whatever hybrid of that Chavis runs when he's scared we might lose in the waning moments of a nail biter.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If you would "point to anyone" if you were a coach, that would sad. Football is a team sport. The team nearly did enough to win but came up short. If the two sides of the ball are blaming each other, it's no longer a team.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I hope you're not serious. It's a very common occurrence that the "best team" doesn't win. In fact big games are not always won, rather, lost.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

What makes you think it was a squib kick? Have you read any coaches comments since the game?

11. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, because we have watched more than 4 football games in our lives. It was without a doubt a squib, it just wasn't executed worth a damn. This is also IMO the most weak of any of the arguments I have seen. With that pitiful ass 10 yds off the ball shit that chavis ran out there (just like in '12) the extra yards from the kicking penalty didn't really mean a hell of a lot. They would have drove it down the field anyway.

lsu-i-like likes this.