A theory on offense re: The Bayou "Baby Backs", Addai, etc...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Nov 2, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Depth at RB is essential in a hard-hitting conference like the SEC. Minor injuries are common. Season-ending injuries happen all too often. I just wish that the running backs were better stacked in several classes instead of mostly bunched up in one freshman class. But I think Nick wanted the depth at the position now rather than redshirting one of the freshmen.

2. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

In light of the injuries to Addai and Carey, deciding not to redshirt the two true freshman running backs seems like genius.

If Mauck had been hurt again, one of the freshman quarterbacks would have certainly been pressed into action.

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Isn't Vincent a TRUE freshman...I heard on the radio the other day that he is actually a TRUE freshmen..since he was never actually enrolled last year, he enrolled in spring 2003 he didn't use his RS....anyone know if this is right???I hope it is!!

4. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

I'd say it is a safe bet that Carey gets his year back. The prop 48er's almost always get them back. Also, I know one his high school coaches; and he said that Carey, unless something goes very wrong with his academics, will get the year back. And perhaps the most telling thing was when Nick Saban referred to Carey as a sophomore on his radio show last Wednesday.