About this "best team not to go to "Atlanta"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Graytiger, Nov 18, 2002.

1. BamaBaby

BamaBaby Freshman

heh Dixie

And the worst part of it all like any man, he thought he was getting a deal and found out what a lousy shopper he was :D

OK Tigers, lets come back down to earth and stop sounding like those from across the state. I agree someone did something wrong, the entire staff including the AD at the time was replaced and not a single player currently on the roster or coach standing on the sideline had a thing to do with it. I certainly didn't write any checks and yet I'm paying the price along with that team and those coaches, fair? I don't think so, I think the coaches and players involved (and yes the Means family did know about it all) should pay, NOT the innocent, but that's just me.

I expected better from LSU after a loss than playing the "cheater" and "best team money can buy" card. These are the same guys (for the most part) ya'll whipped like soft butter last year - I didn't hear all this whining then....

Go win your last 2 games and leave 4nameU to us... then go to Atlanta and beat uga in their own backyard!!

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: I guess the only difference between a...

Gee, Dad. I never really thought of it that way. The winners never whine. And the losers aspire to be winners. Which makes them Whinners.

3. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

And it's all just a puff of air...(g)...

Pursuing the pun, I took a linguistics course once where the Prof thought a girl from Peru said she was from Beirut. See what happens when one doesn't aspire? I'm not as much a "dad" as I sound. I've tagged on a pic from the UA/UT game two years ago, when I was a guest of that school.

4. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I can empathize with the Bama fans on this one

on everything other than one thing. The reason why so much speculation and so many rumors and misinformed comments being made about Bama all goes back to one thing. Remember when the NCAA released the report and Bama refused to give disclosure to the press? That's it. Any organization, person, or entity that refuses to give full disclosure when the public has a right to it looks guilty as hell and/or covering something up. Do I believe Bama cheats? Yes. Do I believe LSU cheats? Yes. Do I believe any team with a winning program in America cheats? Yes. Do you guys realize that if a star football player walks into a restaurant and the owner decides to give him the dinner for free b/c he made a game winning td the week prior that in the NCAA's eyes that would be considered cheating? And is that such a far-from-reality scenario? I would hope not. Bama's paying their dues for what they got caught doing. As far as the SEC being ruined by it, if anything blame David Cutcliffe who is the source for the recent trend of "tattling" on other coaches. If this trend continues and the coaches keep ratting each other out rather than taking their hit and keeping their damn mouth shut about what the coach from the "other team" is doing, we're gonna end up being like the SWC. And you can't blame Bama for that.

5. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

I like the way you think.....

I think Ivan Maisel nailed it when, writing about the Dubose regime, he said that "it wasn't that they were doing anything anybody else wasn't doing - it was just they were so 'ham-handed' about it." Now, I don't think anyone else rose to the $150K bait level, and I'm not sure yet that our rogue boosters got that high - but we definitely out-bid the other interested schools. However, there are kids playing at schools across the conference who had a parent, coach, guardian or AAU coach who got $10-$20K. Anyone who doesn't know this has his head in the sand or up his ass. It's been going on for decades, and I don't see an end to it, short of paying college players and making the NCAA an official farm system. Bottom line, those, these Bama players don't deserve this "best player money can buy" shit, and it's painful to see it slung at them. They're just the same kids as playing elsewhere. Just for the record, I regard LSU's talent level, over all, to be higher than Bama's. That's right; that's what I said. What does that mean??

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: And it's all just a puff of air...(g)...

Actually, that was a Brady Bunch reference.

You might want to keep that photo away from the guy (who was it?) that outed himself the other day.

7. BamaBaby

BamaBaby Freshman

Re: Re: And it's all just a puff of air...(g)...

LMAO - I know where to find HSV if he's that interested :rolleyes:

8. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

We did give disclosure to the press, just not when the press wanted us to. It was up to us when to make the disclosure not the press. Try this to see the points we argued, it's long and boring and they use a lot of big words.

http://www.cunninghambounds.com/UAappeal

9. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

AHHH! Gotcha. And, Shari, that other guy..

he's referring to is none other than our resident nut of the many names and phony accents. He was pulling their legs all the way. And, OMIGOD, he does swing that way!!

10. bamafan1010

bamafan1010 Freshman

looks like you wont either