? About Tigervision

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoubengal08, Aug 19, 2006.

1. bayoubengal08

bayoubengal08 Founding Member

I live in New Orleans and I have Cox Digital Cable. The ULL game is going to be on Tigervision. I am unclear of how it works. Is Tigervision available on one of the ESPN Gameplan channels to people in Louisiana and all I have to do is click on it and order it? or do I need to call Cox to ask them for Tigervision? Also, if Tigervision it is on one of the ESPN Gameplan channels, will it say specifically which channel it is on? If anyone can explain, please do so.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

All I know is that I ordered a game last year and I had to call to order it. It was on channel 13 here in Baton Rouge. I dont believe it is on Game Plan and I know you cant click on it to order it. I am not sure if it has changed since then. Hope this helps.

3. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

The TigerVision and GamePlan broadcasts will be on separate channels. The GamePlan channel showing LSU will be blacked out. I would order TigerVision over the phone at least a few days early.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Anyone know of any good local bars or restaurants that will be showing the game? Or at least that usually shows the LSU pay per view games?

5. clair

clair Rockets

I would guess Walk-Ons or TJ's Ribs...

That is just a guess

6. gonzo tiger

gonzo tiger Freshman

What about out-of-state?

If you live w/in 500 miles, there's no excuse. I barely have an excuse, being 1000 mi. away.

Of course it is U la la.

7. sphincter_boy

sphincter_boy Founding Member

Tigervision only has rights inside the boundaries of the state of Louisiana. You should be able to get the game on ESPN Gameplan.

8. philter

philter Founding Member

If ESPN decides to pick it up on Gameplan..they are not obligated to obviously. The Gameplan games are ususally picked up for medium to large schools, only if there are cameras available to broadcast the game. So if the game was not on Tigervision, using Tigervision cameras, ESPN would not send it's own camera crew for Gameplan.

9. spookyfe2004

spookyfe2004 Founding Member

I live in FL and I was able to watch a game last year that was on Tigervision on my Gameplan from DTV. I hope that is still the case this year since I will be on my way back form Iraq the night the ULL game is.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

not entirely true... the cox sports people will be htere, so there will be adequate camera coverage..