About what I expected- better hope Saban goes to Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 9, 2013.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

This was no real shocker. Saban clearly is a better coach than Miles. He teams are disciplined, and solid. They don't beat themselves. We on the other hand. It's a comedy at times.

Halftime adjustments, penalties, discipline. It's all coaching.

We better hope Saban goes to Texas because this will be the story for a long time.

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Uh, Saban is the best coach in the NCAA dude, this isn't Baton Rouge Advocate worthy news. I'm not gonna hope he leaves, I'd rather lose every year than hope someone leaves so I can win.

fanatic, ROY_LA_CA and Winston1 like this.
  3. WestCoastTiger

I'd rather not lose every year. It's obvious we will be playing for second place for the next 10-15 years.

4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Hate to say I agree with this. Les has run his course.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Sabans not perfect or undefeatable, but relative to Miles he now is.

ThePhenom74 and Richdog like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bro, I'm not sure I'm gonna make it another 10 years and I'm 36. Saban ain't gonna be the coach at Alabama in 10 years. Miles won't be LSU's coach in 10 years either. I'm thinking 5 more in both of their careers.

7. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Lack of discipline and totally embarassing mistakes by both the team and coaches is a continual thing.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wish it was only for 2nd place.

But Auburn is likely here to stay and Florida will get their act together when they get the right coach. If Sumlin stays at A&M, his offenses will always be great. So that's 4 tough SEC games every year you could lose. Throw in Georgia or South Carolina most years as a 5th. Freeze is for real at Ole Miss, so let's make it a half dozen while we are at it. Beliema is not going to be a doormat for very much longer at Arkansas. That's 7.

9. WestCoastTiger

Lol. I'm with you on that one. If we can get Saban out of Bama in 5 years that would be a blessing. I'm certain Miles won't make it that long in BR. Heart breaking to come off some of the best years in LSU football to seemingly be heading on the other side of that hill.

10. WestCoastTiger

islstl, I generally agree with many of your posts but this is going way out there. I agree OM is an up and coming program. I think Sumlin is gone within a couple of years and this program looks much different when Manziel is gone. Auburn seems to be pointed in the right direction. I think we are still a top 3 program in the SEC and probably top 10-15 nationally just not in the top 5 any longer.