ACC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Jun 25, 2003.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

What a cluster. Now ESPN.com is reporting that the ACC is going to invite Miami and Virginia Tech to join making an 11 Team conference. This would be one short of the amount needed to have a Conference CHampionship game which was needed to bring in the extra money.

They have to be thinking they are going to add # twelve from somewhere else otherwise what is the point.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This makes no sense to me, at all. At all!!!!!!

Now, 11 split a pie only 9 used to share. Add to that, Miami (as an athletic department) ended up losing money last season to the tune of over a million dollars.

This, assure nothing. I'd hope, the higher up's have the intentions of inviting one more. Otherwise, financially this conference will further fall upon itself.

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

From what I hear, they will try and add a 12th team now because even more pressure is put upon Duke and UNC about just needed 1 more teams. Pitt, BC are the final 2 while SU is now supposive out even though Miami would want them

4. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

This is a parital victory for the Big Least. It makes it harder for CUSA to raid them--originally CUSA was talking about picking off WV, Pitt, and Virginia Tech and becoming a mostly southern conference. They can still go after BC and Cuse but they'd still have a wide goegraphic area. Not the Big Least can cherry-pick CUSA for teams like Louisville and ECU.

5. SouthLink02

Best, I hear that LU is OUT of the loop because of their academics. Heard that?

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Didn't know UL's academics would kill them. That would be hilarious!!!! ROTFLMAO!

I wsa hoping this would shake out with CUSA becoming more regional and a Catholic League forming for basketball.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It makes no sense at all unless they invite a 12th team. If BC and Syracuse are out look for the ACC to invite Louisville, Southern Mississippi or maybe East Carolina.

8. SouthLink02

You don't think Pitt is in the mix?

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome Southlink02! Glad to have you.

10. SouthLink02

Sup man. Good to be here. I had been looking for an LSU board. I miss going to Death Valley games.