Advocate: Shepard happy with move

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

2 people like this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

This kid is a LEADER and this is his year. I hope he has a lot of impact on the field because that's where the leadership works. When he becomes the dependable "go to" guy that he is...the whole offense will rally around him just knowing whatever play that gets called will work...even when he doesn't touch the ball.

No way he doesn't see the field often. If he doesn't start, he'll play as much time as the starter.

Miles was probably just being honest with Fobbs by telling him during recruiting that he'd have earlier playing time at DB during his recruitment.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I think he will do very well at receiver, though I think he will line up at RB some. His speed and agility shouldn't be wasted on the bench waiting for Jefferson to get hurt or graduate.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Great read.. This kid's got character..

Glad to see he's not the type to let the stuff that gets posted on the internet get to him.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We need about 40 more like him.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So is it blind faith, stupidity, politics, or is Crowton really a mastermind? Seems like a mastermind would have at least finished in the top 5 in a non offensive conference.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great attitude, I can see this working out the best for him and the Tigers. Also, answers a few questions as to why he wasn't used as much as we fans would have liked. I wonder where the question of his possible thinking of transfering came from. I hadn't heard anything of that sort from him or anyone else in regards to RS before.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of this. Shep is showing a tremendous attitude, as usual. But Crowton and Miles are such masterminds that it takes a teenage kid to tell them that maybe the QB thing isn't working out and he'd be better used at WR? Chances are he's being genuine with his praise. But, if he really is unhappy with how things have gone down his freshman year, then I think he has enough smarts to not tear down the coaches in the local paper. And it still doesn't explain why ne never made ANY appearance in the Florida game, not even as a decoy on a single play, in a game where I'd want to throw the kitchen sink at Florida with a non-100% Tebow.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All the other major schools that offered Shepard was as an ATH, WR, or RB. Shep wanted to play QB in college and Les promised to give him that shot. About halfway into the season, Shepard realized that his future lies at RB or WR and told Les that, which is likely why we saw less of Shepard late in the season.

As far as Crowton and Miles not "masterminding" this themselves, consider that they didn't allow him to throw a single pass in a game . . . I'd say that influenced Shepard to recognize that the high-school passing game did not cut in in the SEC.

I think Les was willing to give him another shot in the spring, since we are not deep at QB, but Shepard want to move on and is already thinking about his NFL future. Good for him.

10. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Shep is a good kid and you would just have to be anti Les not to understand that Les wanted Shep to have the chance to play QB like they had agreed to!

I will not say anything negative about the LSU staff since enough of that is already being slammed on the radio everyday!

I am looking forward to the spring game and a wonderful football season.

:tigereye:cliff