Agent: Nick Saban would only consider leaving Alabama for Texas, under 'special pressure' with Tide

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 5, 2013.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, the interview I saw this week on ESPN where he was directly asked if he was interested in the Texas job is not 11 months old. His mannerisms said it all for me, and I was surprised to feel that way b/c up til now I have anticipated him staying with you guys. I'll bet come January, your view will be different. He's gonna stick it out until this year is fully over, then the announcement will come.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You've not been paying close attention to this story then.

Back during the spring when Saban was making his booster club appearances he mentioned there had been inquiries from Texas that he'd turned down.

The contact mentioned in the AP article here is referring back to that date. The only thing different about this story and the one published just after the A&M win and the one about house hunting before the Ole Miss game is this writer—through the FOIA—now had copies of the emails received by the members of the TX BOR.

This story is on its third round this fall. All about a phone call made by a guy in TX in January right after the BCSNC win over Notre Dame.

I'll take your bet—in a heartbeat!

With all the interest, understandable interest, you guys have in Saban it seems logic would override dreams. There couldn't be a better book written on "How not to hire Saban" than what's happening with TX.

3. ParadiseiNC

Terry, let me be clear. I watched an interview by a reporter THIS week as part of ESPNs coverage of LSU v ALA. He sat there w/a fake smile and said "my focus is on being the coach of Alabama and this game against LSU this week" in response to direct questioning about the UT job. It was an anticipated reply that he thought was cleverly worded, but I thought he could have certainly been firmer if his true intent and interest was to remain at Alabama. And his body language was just so squirmy, and his smile seemed so construed.

I have been paying attention, and until that interview this week, I too thought this was old news getting re-hashed, but now I don't think so. It's my personal observation and opinion, I have no insider information, obviously.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That was probably the best of 23 takes they did on that question. Saban, after viewing it, reluctantly agreed to have it included in the piece.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I don't watch Saban interviews. It makes me hurt almost as bad as he's hurting to give it.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

Yeah, you may be right.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Body language experts. I feel like I'm watching the wsop with esfandiari and Phil laak.

lsu-i-like and TerryP like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Still whistling thru the graveyard. Go sell the virtues of your gnome king somewhere else, we aint buyin.

ParadiseiNC and tirk like this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Stupid is as stupid does.

Isn't that a Forrest Gump saying...you'd be the one to ask.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

This isnt Tide Fans