Ahmad Paige commits...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by MLUTiger, Sep 6, 2006.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I don't think LSU offered, right?

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No big shock. He still didn't have a written scholarship offer from LSU.

I wonder how FSU fans feel about him? I mean, he's very highly rated, he's just very small & plays in a very weak division.

4. MLUTiger

5. MLUTiger

Not sure. I live in Monroe and don't hear too much about him and LSU, but the paper mentioned the Tigers. He's tall and fast and could easily add more weight, but he's no Benton and he's not the best receiver in the South. Hell, he's not even the best receiver in NELA. Regardless, I don't like to see LA talent leave the state. I'd rather him go to LA Tech than FSU if LSU doesn't offer.

In other news, Benton has two catches for 119 yards and a TD last week. He gets his QB back in a couple of weeks, so I imagine that we'll see more production from him then.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Actually, they say gaining weight appears to be a real problem with him as a college prospect.

7. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

I've never seen a confirmed report that LSU offered Paige, but I wouldn't expect anybody to choose La Tech over FSU. LSU seems to have several receivers evaluated much higher than Paige. It's certainly possible that he could break out and develop well in college, but it's hard to quibble with the guys LSU has commitments from and is looking at. Terrence Toliver vs. Paige? No brainer.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That's actually a great sign that LSU feels it's chances with Tolliver and other better WR's is good enough to not offer Paige...

9. MLUTiger

Really? I was told differently by someone who knows him. It's not like Sterlington has a weight program like West Monroe or anything (at least I don't think they do) where it's not uncommon for the players to gain muscle mass. Sterlington is a pretty small school.

Anyway, I'd expect anyone to choose FSU over LA Tech. I still don't like to see out-of-state schools profit from homegrown, Louisiana talent though. Maybe he'll have bad grades...

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

He's less than 170lbs and doesn't appear to have the frame to get much bigger. Also, speed is his best attribute and he would probably lose some of that with added weight.