Airstrike kills terror leader al-Zarqawi in Iraq

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Jun 8, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Already happened. Al-Zarqawi had a successor named long ago so when he got killed there would immediately be someone to take his place. Not that it's even needed. Following in the al-Qaida tradition, his network is lots of smaller cells that can function independently instead of one large organization. I would be willing to bet (unfortunately) that the voilence isn't even going to drop off because of this. I think that right now, his death is only symbolic.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

it doesnt matter how many more zarqawis take his place. at least with this one, justice is done. if more step up to the plate i will be happy when they die too.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Upside=huge. Downside=tiny.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Additional upside to this is the fact that we found him with intelligence from Al Quida traitors. Maybe this will serve to break the terrorists morale.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

You normally don't think of impoverished terrorists as fat bastards. Bastards, sure, but fat? Not really. And no, no, no, let's not let his minions think it's bloating. It's greedy grubbing.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I just think that the media is making a bigger deal of this then need be. Yeah its great that we blew him up and yeah its great that we were able to track him down but in the grand scheme of the war he is very insnifficant (sp) because there is just someone else ready to take his place.

I do not feel that he is worth an entire day on the all news channel. Is he more important than any of the soliders that have died NOT IN THE LEAST BIT. And do those soldiers get all day covrage nope they get a 3 mintue peice at the top of the hour.

All this does is farther the excuses by our govenrment to countine fighting this war by polotics instead of by the military people on the ground.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Sorry, I disagree. This was huge and had to be appropriately covered by the press.

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

This news was well covered and deserved. It's also good for the soldiers who have died and are still fighting. Remember folks, if we just pack up and leave, the 2000+ who paid the ultimate price would have paid the price in vain. Saddam and al-Zarqawi are no different from Hitler and emperial Japan in my opinion. Saddam was killing innocent people because of their cultural beliefs and al-Quieda threw the first punch. I know it hard to support an ever increasingly unpopular war in which our soldiers are dying everyday but last time I check, we aren't the only one's fighting in this war.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

al-Zarqawi--" I thought the streets of Heaven were supposed to be paved with GOLD ----NOT COALS....damn that's hot...oh, that burns..Oh, for the first time in my life, I really CAN CHIT FIRE. Where's my 70 virgins? Oh, there they are!!!! NOBODY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO BURNED TO A CRISP!!!! What am I supposed to do with them?...They look like America dropped a bomb on them......OH--OH--OH-----Man, why's the water boiling? Is there a boil water alert? Crap, I think I screwed up big time!!!!"

:rofl: :usaflagwa :rofl: :usaflagwa :rofl: :usaflagwa :rofl: :usaflagwa :rofl: :usaflagwa :rofl: :usaflagwa :rofl: :usaflagwa