alaman, aren't you one of the people

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tigerskin, Jul 23, 2004.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

We're talking about 16,17 and 18 year olds. A few friends told me that Tony Bell was coming to Baton Rouge the night before signing day. It didn't pan out. Tony signed with AU. The same guys have dished out great scoop before. You never know.

2. alaman

alaman Founding Member

If you read Dandy Don's 9/24 report, his sources were telling him the same thing. Sanchez's decision to go to USC might have had an effect. His coach is really pushing hard for him to go to Texass. Remember last year he told Pittman right at signing date he could not believe he would not take Brown's call. Pittman's family finally told him to butt out and he still has not accepted Pittman at LSU and has no relationship with him. Must have gotten to mama. Feb. is a long time away.

3. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Well then Kirston Pittman is now

one of my favorite players on the team.

4. rookie

rookie Founding Member

I think the report Tigerbait did yesterday...

puts a different light on the entire situation. Either it sounds like Texas has gotten to mama's pocketbook or Dauteritive is trying to push all of the blame on mom to not appear to be the bad guy. I believe it to be the latter. It will be interesting to see if he receives backlash from the family if what Alaman says is true cause he sure did put the blame squarely on mom and that report has been posted on Texas boards as well. Let's see who is really pushing for Texas.

That sumbich has always steered his players away from LSU and even Pittman came out and told the story of LD and his constant pressure to drop LSU even on signing day. That wasn't hearsay but straight from the horses mouth. This guy is a snake and he enjoys the pub from the who's who in college coaching stopping by and fraternizing and kissing his ass and if it ever appeared that he was setting up a pipeline to LSU then he would lose that little perk.

5. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Good point rookie.

It is going to be interesting to see the response from the Perrilloux family about these comments from the hs coach. I actually expect Ryan to retract his commitment for now to ease the scrutiny on everyone. I am sure he doesn't want his mom to look like the "bad guy".

6. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Larry Dauterive better enjoy this time in the spotlight because from what I hear, there won't be anyone worth anything coming out of ESJ for the next 3 years.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Perriloux will not likely make a decision on LSU until he sees how Jamarcus Russell works out. If Russell earns a start this year and seems to own the position for a yew years, Perriloux will find another school. If Russell doesn't earn a start this year, Perriloux might come here and challenge him for it in 2005.

LSU is going to have some fabulous recievers that are going to make some QB look very good.

8. rookie

rookie Founding Member

I said that I believe the latter. Reread my post. It just sounds like, if the story is true about the mother stating, "there are better job opportunities in Texas," and really pushing him away from LSU, something could be a little fishy. Again, I said that I thought it was LD pushing away and not the mom alone.

9. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

How good is RP really? I've read that nationally this is a very off year for quarterbacks, that under most years he would only be a 6 or 7 rated quarterback at best. However, I do appreciate he is a Louisiana product and as such it would be very beneficial to keep him in state at LSU if at all possible.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He was rated as the number one recruit in America by a few services very early in the process, at any position so I would guess the depth at his position didn't effect his ranking.