All American Bowl Gameday--Discussion

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TejasTiger, Jan 15, 2005.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Guys, we all know about RP, but are there any other guys playing today we LSU fans should keep an eye on, either possible/probable LSU recruits or those of other SEC or SEC West schools?

I don't follow recruiting at all, so I have no idea outside of RP. Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

RJ Jackson is supposed to commit during the game today, I think it will come down to us and Oklahoma State, but I'd be shocked if he goes to Oklahoma State. He is a running back, but a lot of schools were recruiting him to play DB (Texas), we've been after him as a RB all along and the hiring of Miles only helped us with RJ. We're still somewhat in the running for LT Michael Oher, but it is a long shot at best. We can also see what we're losing in Dajleon Farr. Other than that I don't think there are any guys considering us.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

According to Jimbo we are in the running for a few top recruits but of course he could not mention any names, so pick out a few good ones and make believe they will be Tigahs!!! :eek:

4. philter

philter Founding Member

I get the feeling RJ was starting to lean towards Florida, but we have consistently been in his top two. Texas started to push for him as of late, and he roomed with UT commit Charles.

I don't think he's going to announce today, he wants to set up a visit to UT and has one to UF 1/28.

5. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

WOW, if I were Texas I would not like what I heard out of RP just now.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I didn't realize that Derek Pegues was playing in the game, I'm with the racing guy, this kid is a stud and we need him. Despite giving up like 7 inches he just made a great play to break a pass intended for Patrick Turner, who supposedly may end up as the nations number one prospect after his week at practice in San Antonio.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

The Ticker just read Ryan Perriloux declares to Texas, but 10 minutes ago RP said he wasn't declaring until after all of his official visits.

8. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

What did RP say?

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Pegues is playing lights out at the corner position... is he still undeclared ?

10. philter

philter Founding Member

Sucks Derek is playing so good, he'll get a lot more heat from other schools now :) Was between us and the two Miss. schools.