Alley Broussard

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Vincent4Heisman, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Is it just me or did Alley look a little tentative in the Auburn game?

I know he's "just" getting back from his knee injury but it almost looked like he was hesitating just the slightest bit.

In the Arizona game, he took a pretty good shot to his knee towards the end of the game (if I'm not mistaken it was towards the end). I just think he's letting his head get to him a little much. The old Alley would have been pounding Auburn, and he wasn't.

I think the same thing can be said for JV. He's been shying away from the moves that carried us in 2003 since his knee injury.

Just an observation that I made and I was wondering if I'm the only one...

2. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

sorry, i know you'll hate this, but vincent just isn't any good anymore. he hasn't done anything yet this year, he didn't do anything last year, and nothing the year before.

broussard on the other hand is scared, he's also overweight. if he can get in shape he'll be fine, but i think vincent is done.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The old JV:

[​IMG]

The one I saw last weekend:

[​IMG]

I know he's got the tools, but he finished most of his runs falling backwards.

4. lsu-fan

lsu-fan Freshman

Give him time ... he is coming back from injury and was playing against one of the best Ds in the NCAA.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

No one was getting it done running the ball. I am not so confident in Justin Vincent and think his freshman success has been misconceived. I would love to see him have success but I am not so sure he has what it takes.

Why does Auburn continue to get these bad ass running backs? When is the last time we had a great running back? Addai, DD, and Faulk all come to mind as All-SEC but not All-American. You can hardly count Cecil Collins, though he would have been All-American caliber. Do you have to go back to Dalton Hilliard? I was young during that time, how good was he?

Another thing I question is the coaching of our receivers. We seem to have some excellent receivers who have trouble getting yards after the catch. How many times do they fall down after a reception that really looks like there was no need to fall down? On the controversial Pass Interference call against Auburn, our guy was jumping though it wasn't necessary. Is it Russell's fault? It seems like they did the same stuff when Flynn was in.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

No you don't.

Kevin Faulk:
    '95 174 852 4.9 58 8 | 5rec 86 17.2 56 1
    '96 248 1,282 5.2 80 13 | 10 134 13.4 39 0
    '97 205 1,144 5.6 53 15 | 16 93 6.8 25 0
    '98 229 1,279 5.6 81 12 | 22 287 13.0 50 3

Faulk finished his collegiate career at LSU ranked first in SEC history and fifth in NCAA history with 6,833 career all-purpose yards and 53 total touchdowns.

Not All-American? Only the greatest LSU running back of all-time and one of the best SEC backs of all-time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tprb6xFvZ_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5aSbkpHKdk - Faulk had 5 TDs against Kentucky in this game.

7. lsu-i-like

I don't mean to take anything from Faulk, he was excellent, but when Cecil Collins came on during Faulk's reign the difference between the two was huge. Faulk was a great shifty back who had a great career at LSU, but he isn't the type of runner that Auburn has had lately with the Cadillac and now with Irons.

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I agree, and before Broussard's injury, I think he was every bit effective as irons could be. That year that he tore it up (the year before he literally tore it up...), he was nearly unstopable. Now we just have shells of our former breakout backs. I want to see Scott and Williams run.

9. lsu-i-like

I'd love to see Broussard bounce back, but so far watching him play has been painful. Against Auburn I swear there was a play where it looked like he was drawn in to the one Auburn defender near him and didn't come close to breaking a less than strong tackle. Broussard could be a great back, but there is definitely something missing at this point. Hopefully by the time we play Florida we'll have something figured out; their defense is no joke.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't think we'll see the best of AB this year. Even if he gets in shape, his knee isn't 100% and you can see he is a bit tentative. He looks good running straight ahead and running over people, but he can't really cut on a dime and his burst of speed is not there.

It takes some athletes 2 full years to recover from a knee injury.