An Alternative to Playoffs.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by onceanlsufan, Nov 17, 2010.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don't think the PAC10 was interested in Boise St for academic reasons. There is more to things than football acumen. I believe that Boise St and TCU would love to switch positions with any SEC or PAC10 team. Can you imagine the guaranteed cash flow difference? This is not the fault of small conference teams. Boise St's schedule probably does deserve to come under fire, but at the same time, I'm sure they have trouble scheduling games with big teams who don't want to give up their cupcakes for a possible loss.

I actually like the idea of a midseason playoff-ish week, except that it is a logistical nightmare. The only way I could see it possibly working is if the BCS rankings were applied to all 120 teams at the end of the previous season and a mandate being sent out that #1 and #2 must play at some point the following season. And it is still a logistical nightmare that could have moderate validity. It would probably take too much effort and merely suggesting it in serious company would probably get you laughed out of the conversation. I think an end of the season playoff could be sufficient enough. I like your out the box thinking though. It could probably be developed further into a more sophisticated plan.

2. ncaafan333

ncaafan333 Freshman

there needs to be a change because with the way it is now, there is no way of comparing teams at the end of the year in a true manner unless they played in the season. With the way it is now, you have to go undefeated to have a chance to play in the title game. It gives none of the one-loss teams a second chance when they messed up once in the regular season. A playoff system needs to be put in.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

There never was and may never be. There were plenty of controversies Pre BCS.

Can't remember which one but there was a team recently that got in with 2 losses and won it.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The entire SEC should withdraw from the NCAA and set up their own athletic association....sign their own lucrative TV deal....pay all their athletes equally and fairly, above board and have their own playoff system using the existing bowls in the south.

Screw the NCAA !!
    Screw the BCS !!

Complete and utter secession....States rights !!!....absolute revolution....take no prisoners !!!

Come on, lets do it !!!