An interesting thought

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tygertail, Nov 15, 2004.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

There were seven murders in new orleans this weekend. How many soliders were killed this weekend? I have not heard of one protestor calling for the mayor or police chief to step down.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

How many murders were in America the last few days.
    2 hear in Aurora, Colorado at the same time in the same house!

We need an investigative reporter or a show like 60 minutes, Dan Rather?
    OR
    Why does everyone on the left forget about the 3,000 deaths on 911?
    Kerry said that we need to get back to terrorism being a nuisance and a criminal problem?

I don't get it?

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

how many were muslims?

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Don't you remember? It's ok for us to kill each other over here, but heaven forbid something happen to somebody in a WAR ZONE. Sometimes I honestly wonder how today's public would react to some of the WWII battles in the Pacific, where we lost more service members in one day than we did in Operation Iraqi Freedom altogether.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Or what about the training exercise for D-Day.
    Does anyone think we could have kept that live event secret from todays media?

If the media found that out live then maybe we would've never had D-Day and Hitler would've controlled Europe?
    A totally different outcome than todays world. :shock:

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

:angryfire :angryfire Beginning rant.....now:

It really just kills me to hear all these people moan over the loss of life over in Iraq. Yes, it is horrible, but its a risk we take when we sign on that dotted line. What do people think, it's just going to be one big war full of happy shiny people holding hands, with these insurgents laying down their arms at the mere sight of us? NO, not at all, and the men and women fighting over there know that. Like I said earlier, I don't think the American public today would be able to handle what went on during WWII. Over 400,000 Americans were killed in that war, but if it weren't for their sacrifices, who knows what the outcome would've been?

Also, there was a news report about a Marine killing a wounded insurgent earlier today in Fallujah. Many are wondering about what this will lead to. But hang on a minute, what's the problem? A man who was previously fighting to kill these Marines automatically gets a reprieve because he is wounded? Not to mention the fact that there have been reports of insurgents faking death or booby trapping bodies to draw Marines and soldiers in. Do people honestly think the insurgents would treat our wounded any different? I highly doubt it. They would either kill him onsite, or capture him, video tape him, make a ridiculous demand of the U.S. and then cut off his head on Arab TV when those demands aren't met. The enemy we're facing has no mercy for us, therefore we should show no mercy for them.

But I forgot, it's okay for a bunch of Marines to get suckerpunched and killed by insurgents, but its not okay for an insurgent to be killed. :cuss:

Ending rant now.

7. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

completely agree. I think a big problem with the current situation of those in war is the amount of reserves who thought they were just gonna get a free ride through school without actually considering being shipped over for something like this. Therefore, many have a different attitude than they should and part of this is from the recruiters telling them they will just serve mainland or some bs stats to get em to sign. In the past this was true but not today. Of course they should have thought about what being a soldier means but I am afraid its the mindset of many.

who gives a if it was a warcrime and he blew the guys brains out. I dont really care if he had just killed my buddy, poor him, i'd do the same.

As SF says, it aint nearly enough either way.

9. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I hate to say it but one person causes all of this WAR. Cry all you want but you people put him in charge AGAIN. :cry:

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

We're not crying about it, actually, nor are we whining about putting Bush in charge again. It's other people crying about it that is aggravating the hell out of us.