Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Another nut with firearms

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 14, 2012.

1. VampMuse

VampMuse Freshman

no mine is because of aspergers :)

Yours can be from being rational and male.
  2. martin

martin Banned Forever

Aspergers people love to tell everyone they have aspergers
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. VampMuse

VampMuse Freshman

Love? No we don't love. It's just a fact. I can't speak for others, but I usually let people know so that they understand why I say things they feel are fucked up. However, it's much easier to see someone who is saying it because thats the way they really feel, and someone who is just trolling. Trolls rile people up with it. People who actually feel it are then like oh that upsets them, okay why am I doing it.

Hence why I said you were trolling.
  4. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree with you on all that but, posted as much. On the other (martin's) side of the coin, I know I feel MUCH better today. You?

THEIR parents haven't begun to feel the pain they will when they are no longer in shock. Have a friend who lost her son in a wreck several months ago. "His" pop tarts are still in the pantry. The mom, dad, and younger sister can't bring themselves to throw them. It's the reminders 6 months, etc. that will be so painful.

Take Mickey Shunick that everyone was so wrapped up with. Have you heard her name mentioned lately? We "feel", or think we do, temporarily but it's not REALLY "feeling".
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon

Only a matter of degree.
    4EvrLSU likes this.
  6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

There's a difference in someone that feels that way and someone who jumps on every story at the onset to let everyone know his stance. See where I'm going with this bro?
    Well thanks for making me feel better about hoping dickhead has incredible tragedies to deal with. It will be certainly deserved. Maybe Tebow hits his mom a lick in her chute or something, I don't know...
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The thing that makes me feel bad for them, being a parent and around Christmas, I can't even imagine what it must have been like to come home and have to see wrapped presents under the tree you know your child won't ever get to open, or gifts hidden that are supposed to be from Santa. I understand where Martin is coming from because we all have our own lives, and the show must go on, but any parent whose heart was not weighed down by this act of terror, has no pulse.
  8. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

Dam. That is GUT-WRENCHING. It's exactly what I was talking about. For the rest of their lives, every Christmas will have a cloud hanging over it.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is what haunts me. My kids' presents are under the tree. What would I do with them? I think I'd get them the hell out of the house as soon as possible--given to needy kids or something. But everyone is different on that, of course.

I have had an epileptic student for the past two years, last year for honors English and this year for advisory, which is like a homeroom. We bonded quickly because my daughter is epileptic; his dad was as well. Shortly before Easter, his dad had two grand mal seizures and died after getting to the hospital.

This year, when my National Junior Honor Society was conducting our annual canned food drive for Plano Santas, Josh brought in bag after bag of weird Asian non-perishable foods that his dad had bought at a huge Asian market here in town. He said, "None of us are ever going to eat this stuff, but Dad was on an Asian food cooking kick around the time he died. I feel better getting all of this out of our pantry."

Grief is a very individualized and personal thing. My take away from this tragedy is to love my children and to teach my students as well as I can. It also makes me appreciate the dedication of true educators, like the ones we're hearing about at Sandy Hook. I know my own principal would act the same as Sandy Hook's did, and I know we have teachers in my building who would put themselves between their children and a gunman. Without a thought. It makes me thankful to work with such dedicated people, to be a part of a special profession.
    lsutiga, CajunlostinCali and Winston1 like this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali The Bionic Burro

All the world is a stage...but it begins right there.
    HalloweenRun likes this.