Any info. on Marcus Spears?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Maurice Rodrigu, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Maurice Rodrigu

Maurice Rodrigu Freshman

I read on Dandydon.com that Marcus Spears may not play against Auburn due to an ankle injury. This really concerns me. Any info. on who would replace him if the latter is true? I enjoyed seeing him create total chaos against Florida, and I would love to see him do the same against Auburn. I have a feeling Auburn is going to be fired up for this game. Thanks in advance for any information.-GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I dont know about him playing or not, but I would imagine Ken Allen will get some playing time. I believe he is fully recovered from his knee injury. Anybody?

3. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

Spears is hurt, and Allen has been playing hurt, for LSU. As for Auburn, nearly their entire DL is hurt. Melvin Oliver came in for Spears in the 2Q and did a very good job.

Here's an Auburn injury update from the Press-Register, following their game w/Florida:

<<< -- INJURY UPDATE: Offensive tackle Taylor Bourgeois (shoulder) was injured during pre-game warm-ups. Marcus McNeill filled in for him and played well. Bourgeois will be evaluated this week, but Tuberville indicated that season-ending surgery is a distinct possibility.

Auburn's defensive line was decimated. Defensive tackle Spencer Johnson (ankle) is questionable for the LSU game. His backup, Wayne Dickens, will undergo a magnetic resonance imaging exam this week. His status for the LSU game is doubtful. Noseguard T.J. Jackson is day-to-day after injuring his foot against Florida. Defensive end Kyle Derozan (shoulder) is doubtful for the LSU game. >>>

(of course Carnell Williams is out for the year)

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i saw him going to eat yesterday and he was on crutches with one leg in a cast. i think it was his left ankle. if he can't go allen will replce him. hopefully he recovers quick.