any latest on assistant coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GORILLA BALL, Jan 5, 2007.

1. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

does anyone have any information on our latest assistant coaching staff potential moves?

2. LoyalBengal

LoyalBengal Founding Member

What are the salaries of our assistant coaches and how do their salaries compare to the salaries at other schools?

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't know the exact dollar figure, but I do know they're among the highest paid; especially JF. That's why I don't understand why he would take a lateral move to the same position on another team. There's been some speculation that Miles over rules him on some play calling and there may be something to that, but it's just a rumor at this point.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSU is one of the highest paying schools for assistants in the nation. We will have no problems finding quality replacements.:thumb:

5. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

we do pay our assistants good beanies, but that was with Saban. The person who is now making those decisions is the same person that was scrutizing Saban's cell phone bill, Stanley Bertman.

6. GORILLA BALL

if that is true, then i'm ready for skip to call it a career.

7. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I don't want us to "promote from within" for our next oc. the last time we did that we had back to back losing seasons..

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I would think that it's more fact that rumor--but it's a matter of how much (or how badly) it happens (i.e. how often?).

Every head coach has his own personal background. For Saban it's defense. For Miles, he came from the offensive side of things. So I'm sure Saban over ruled a lot of Muschamps calls just like I'm pretty sure Miles does to Fisher.

When the head coach's background is of the same side of the ball as the coordinator, you're going to have that and I don't think it's any better, or any worse, at other places.

If Jimbo doesn't want to get over-ruled as much (I mean, for all we know, Jimbo might feel like 1 time is "too much"), then he would have to go to a program who has a defensive-minded coach (or a non-dictator of a coach--whihc would rule out Saban, The "Nicktator", IMO).

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Miles isn't afraid to find people that are the best. His ego can handle it. While at OSU he gave up part of his pay to have it go to assistant salaries. He did all he could to attract the best he could as assistants at OSU.

Given that, I have no doubt he demands that he be given what it takes to have a top staff at LSU. I wasn't sure of the choice of Pelini at first, but quickly learned I was wrong to doubt it. I trust his to search for the person best for the program and to not "settle" not matter what the position,

10. GORILLA BALL

i know some of us haven't made a decision about miles, but i know this i would put his character and intregity up against anyone.