Any suggestions for pre/post game activities in Lexington?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Oct 28, 2002.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I'm making my first trip to Lexington next week, and I'm looking for suggestions about what to do and where to go before and after the game. Unfortunately, because we're playing UK later in the year than we usually do, Keeneland is no longer running ponies. So, that leaves a little void for the rest of the day.

Are bars open in the morning? Is there any activity other than horse racing to do after the game? Where do LSU fans usually hang out in Lexington? Will there be a specific LSU bar on Friday night?

Just looking for suggestions....

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I am going to Lexington also

If anybody knows what to do please tell. If anybody knows a UK website that I could post at to ask UK fans let me know.

MAKING THE LONG TRIP TO BASKETBALL COUNTRY

3. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top to see if some of our UK guests have some info. Thanks in advance.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"Are bars open in the morning? "

I love LSU fans....

5. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

I would suggest a trip to Keeneland for some horse racing, but since JP made this a crack of dawn game time you are out of luck on this. You might make the last race or two if the game is over by 3 PM.

Short of that, I might suggest the Two Keys Tavern. It's the best waterin' hole in Lexington and the crowd is kewl. You won't be harrassed if you are in Purple and Gold. There are several bars near campus, but you will have to be on "redneck alert" and enter at your own risk.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Dont worry we have pleny of "red Necks" to counter except we call them Coon Asses ;)

7. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

I would skip the bar scene in the morning. Some will be open. The weather calls for 65 and sunny. The tailgate will be the best bar in town

8. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

SoLA, go to www.thebigbluenation.com, then go to their football forums and check out the suggestions of where LSU fans are expected to be before and after the game. I saw one good post with a lot of info. Also, this was on dandydon.com.

"Several of you have asked about tailgating for the Kentucky game and you might find the following reader comments helpful.

Important tailgate party info for tiger fans coming to Lexington for the LSU - Kentucky game on November 9th.

On game day, Matt Falcone (LSU alum) & Bayou Bluegrass Catering will have the BEST tailgate event for Tiger fans...

2 hours before & 2 hours after the game, Matt will be set up in the Green parking lot located across from the Nutter Field House & next to the football stadium directly across from Gate #1.

The food will be Cajun fried turkeys, fried catfish, chicken Creole, jambalaya, Cajun mixed boil & much more! Of course, Beer, Bloody Mary's & sodas too.

Call Matt @ (859) 621-3628 to reserve your place at the party or if you have any questions.

I promise you, this is the best thing going on for Tiger fans that are coming to the LSU - KY game (besides a BIG win that is!). "

I hope this helps. I'll be there Sat. sitting in sec. 214 which I hope is the visiting section. Have a safe trip.

9. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

10. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I was wondering if...

any Kentucky fans could give me directions to Ashley Judd's house for some pregame fun.