Anybody listen to Willie Williams on the internet radio recruiting program?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 3, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think it was last night....someone posted it on here.

I just am dying to know if he is really that stupid of a kid.

I mean listen to this writeup excerpt on his trip to Florida (which he has ruled out):

“The visit went alright,” Williams said. “We didn’t go to one restaurant the whole time. We were eating at the stadium – like Swedish meatballs and stuff like that. I don’t know. I didn’t like that.”

Asked his highlight of the visit, he said, “I’d have to say it was probably the hotel breakfast – every night we ate fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and stuff like that. The breakfast had more variety. That was the highlight, so that can pretty much tell you what I thought of the visit.”

Then here is a what he said about making his decision between Miami and FSU:

"They said they are going to wait it out (for me),” Williams said. “I told them I don’t know where I’m going – it’s like I’m going to surprise myself but I’m letting them know I don’t know.”

IQ of -3.

And here is an idea he came up with on how to tell everyone at school where he will going:

“I haven’t decided yet how I’m going to do it,” he says. “I thought of a lot of crazy stuff, like I’m going to have three jerseys on – Miami and FSU and then whichever of the two I’m leaning to. I’d take the Miami one or FSU one off and I’ll have Miami or FSU under it and they’ll think I’m going there. Then I’d have a third one under that.”

I say the kid will be in prison before he's 25. Just my guess.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

he scored a 1070 on his sat so he isn't dumb. i think everybody needs to lay off this kid, he is just trying to have fun.

3. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

to bad he talks/acts like he scored an 770.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I think this is just a case of a kid that is actually expressing his feelings. I think every single recruit out there has had these feelings. But for him, they get published every week. If he is dumb, its because he decided to do this whole "journal" thing, but I don't think he is dumb just because he is expressing his feelings about each visit, which is what they probably encouraged him to do...

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Hey, the man likes to eat !

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I missed it, totally forgot about it. I wanted to hear what Willie had to say also.

7. islstl

Well then maybe I was wrong about him being stupid.

But this is definitely not the kind of "character" Nick Saban would ever bring to LSU. The kid never ONCE has mentioned the academic side of his visits. So he obviously does not care about it or maybe just wishes not to discuss it.

8. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

I think this has got to be some publicity stunt. C'mon, five lobsters and 3 steaks or whatever. It just doesn't seem real.

9. islstl

I was amazed when I read the initial writeups on him and I thought it was a joke. Then there is this writeup on his Florida trip and it just seems like one big joke for him.

I don't know what to tell you man.

10. friday

friday Founding Member

Willie and the Diesel

will be cell mates soon.