Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Anybody use an online service to pay their taxes?

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by islstl, Apr 15, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

I use H&R Block every year and this year I owe money.

So I went through the same steps I do every year and it asks at the very end how I want to pay and I said "Check", but it never asked me for any bank account information.

Anybody ever actually e-file and have to pay?

I don't know if H&R Block is just going to use info from previous years (they have my bank account info I think since I had refunds before). It's 24-48 hours to see if the return was accepted by the IRS. Maybe it will ask for bank info then? I have no clue.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon

I use downloaded versions of Turbotax to get some extra features for rental property and small business. I file electronically. It prints out the official voucher for me and I send it in with a check. 49 cents postage. Done.
  3. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

Thanks.

You still send in your return as well with the voucher?

Kind of defeats the purpose of the e-file.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon

No, I e-file the tax documents, it's about 45 pages otherwise. I just send in the check-sized voucher and the check.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

Yeah, I started to do the 'send in a check' thing, just to make those fuckers do a little extra work. But I was filing on Saturday, and it said the check had to be received by Tuesday, which, fuck that. So I backtracked and decided to pay with my debit card. Anyway, when I was going to write the check, it included the 1040-V on my return, which is what you send in with the check. I use Taxact.com, fwiw.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon

The payment just needs to be postmarked before midnight on the 15th.
  7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

Understood. But I didn't really want to put my fate in the hands of one group of incompetent idiots trying to get something to another group of incompetent idiots.
    uscvball likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

Ok, well that makes obvious sense.
  9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

I've used Turbo Tax for years. I always buy the disc because I have had to re-open old returns and having the disc just gives me a comfort factor of knowing I'll be able to do it. As to filing/paying, I always e-file, then send the check via snail mail on the 15th.
  10. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Veteran Member

I used TaxAct online for three years in a row and had no issues whatsoever.