AP predicts UK win

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Oct 11, 2007.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Advocate runs a box graphic provided by AP every Thursday, running down the week's games involving its top 25 teams (no reporter is credited). For LSU/Kentucky this week, the storyline is "Tigers' last trip to Lexington was Blue Grass Miracle of '02." The prediction....Kentucky, 28-26. It also predicts Arkansas over Auburn, and Mississippi State over Tennessee.

2. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

LSU just needs to be concerned about a letdown after the battle last Saturday.

If LSU plays good defense, the Tigers win by 14.

3. stk

stk Founding Member

I refuse to believe that a team that got throttled 49-0 last year has improved THAT much. The only win i'm even mildly impressed with from Kentucky this year is Arkansas.

A lot of sportswriters, talking heads, etc are predicting let downs because that seems to be the trend so far this year. Generally teams get better as the year goes on and LSU is no exception. Unless we beat ourselves i fully expect LSU to blow out the spread in this game.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Anywhere in that box graphic include a record? I'm guessing it's not very good.

5. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Y,know, I wish I that kind of career. LOL hard to believe someone actually gets paid to do this...This kinda job reminds me of of Carsons bit, remember? LOL..well Im sure some of you remember the Great Karnac! His guesses would be as good as this guys. Jeeez...whata whack job!

:lsup::lsup::lsup::lsup::lsup:

6. mean machine

mean machine Founding Member

Seems to me like this is a pretty good place for a trap game. It's true that if we play up to our ability, this game is a laugher. But teams - especially college teams - don't always play up to their abilities: i.e., Fla vs AU, USC vs Stanford, and even LSU vs Tulane.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

CAN it happen? yes. anything can happen. will it happen? i don't think so. i hope not!

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Last years game has NO bearing on this years. Ky. could have been down, and we obviously were hot last year. This year, we could be down a little and they get hot, which could result in a 28-27 Ky. win. There is no way they go from a 49 pt. loss to a 49 pt. win, I don't think, but they could beat us if we don't show up and play a good game. You have to put out enough energy to defeat the guy on the other side of the line.

I've picked it about LSU 31, KY 14. I only base that on what I've seen this year.