Apparently LSU didn't really beat Auburn...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 24, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I keep hearing and reading over and over from the media how Auburn is a better team than LSU and LSU got lucky because Auburn missed a couple of fieldgoals in the game... Or maybe.. just maybe... just WON the game because they kept Auburn out of the endzone on those drives... I didn't hear anyone saying how LSU was better than Auburn last year... When LSU lost by 1 but had a missed fieldgoal... nah... not possible...

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Looking at it from another perspective, it sure is nice to have a victory against the best team in the sec though! :D

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Everyone said the same thing about Bama when they blew out Florida. After the butt whipping Auburn put on Bama, it's understandable why people would say such things.

If LSU had lost to Auburn, everyone would be saying how we missed 2 fieldgoals & dropped 2 touchdown passes. The team that losses is always the one that's mistakes are brought out to say "well what if...".

I believe Auburn is a very, very good football team. LSU might have been lucky to win this year, but Auburn was lucky to win last year, so I think things even out.

PS: This is not "the media" hating LSU... just in case someone was thinking about saying such an idiotic thing.

4. mlegha1

mlegha1 Founding Member

I won't put much stock into what the So called experts have to say about LSU-Auburn game.USC has been having close calls week after week but their triumphs are not lucky they are considered classics.If they pull out a close one it is their resiliance not their luck.Media Uhh!

5. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

"Auburn is the Best team in the SEC, they should be playing in the SEC championship game"
    -Kirk Herbsteit

Well Kirk, I should have a million dollars with all the crap ive endured the last 4 1/2 years...

Kirk is such a friggin joke.

Why can't anyone just outright say

"LSU beat just about everyone they have played, except for a decent tennessee team early in the year while an LSU team was trying to deal with the nations greatest national disaster"

No credit whatsoever...

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

NONE!!! Can you believe these bastards only want to rank us THIRD in the freaking country!?!!? WHY MUST THEY HATE US, WHY!!?!?!?!

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

a degree of luck goes into most team's season's when they are good. USC has had more then their share this year, but not many speak of it.

LSU did get lucky with Auburn missing 5 FG that day, but Auburn had breaks go their way that game as well......that is football.

I will admit Auburn is playing very good ball right now, but in the end we got the W that day in Tiger Stadium.....last year they got lucky and got the W in whatever stadium they play their home games in in Auburn (I know it, just don't care to type it out.JHS). on a neutral field with the 2 teams, who the hell knows.

Kirk is entitled to his opinion, and it is biased as he has Ohio State going to a BCS game with 2 loses....good luck there.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Well now that I've gotten my above comment out of the way I can comment on this statement by Kirk. Auburn beat Bama 5 times worse than LSU did. LSU barely beat Auburn during which Auburn missed 5 fieldgoals (ignore our missed ones & dropped touchdown passes - nobody but LSU fans pay attention to those). The case could be made that Auburn is the best team.

9. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

Who wants to rank us third?

Certainly not kirk herbstreit, whom I was talking about....

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I think AU has a great team, and that team lost to a great LSU team on 10/22/2005. I can't stand this "media darlin" culture where what happens on the field is less important than the talking heads' script. I am very proud of AU, but it infuriates me that AU is being used to denigrate LSU's stature. Seed of doubt, who is really the best team from the SEC, maybe Joe Pa's team should be in 3rd place just in case ut or usc post a loss. The media is setting the stage to maximize their ratings.