Apparently Orgeron has lost 3-4 freshmen already......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by STRIPES, Aug 20, 2005.

1. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

I was told during a phone conversation by a friend in Mississippi that Ole Miss has lost several true freshmen from Orgeron's first signing class and that they have already quit the Ole Miss football team. He wasn't sure of all of the names of the players who quit but one of the players who allegedly quit was the LB from Miami (Dustin Forston) who the Ole Missy fans were raving about when he signed with them. According to my friend, the Ole Miss fans who work with my friend (an LSU alumn) are somewhat concerned about Orgeron and the happenings at Ole Miss already and these recent developments
    really have them worried.

It's one thing to lose some returning players when there is a coaching change but when a new head coach is losing 3-4 of his own recruits during his 1st Summer practice sessions, it's more than a little odd.

First it was Orgeron's staff:

*A Coach was arrested/fired for DWI during a major recruiting weekend.

*A Coach was arrested/fired for public drunkeness in a sandwich shop.

*A Coach left virtually without notice after only 2 or 3 weeks with Orgeron in Oxford and returned to USC.

*A Coach left the Ole Miss staff after a few weeks to take another position with another team elsewhere. Apparently he was still looking for a way out of Oxford as soon as he got there.

Now it's several Ole Miss true freshmen who are quitting. Did Orgeron, the supposed "recruiting genius" make that many mistakes in his first ever signing class that 3-4 have already drug up or is Orgeron that hard to get along with? Interesting.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Maybe he cut them? ...after all, he's looking to
    :hihi: If this rumor is true, perhaps the kid from Miami just didn't fit Orgeron's geographic location? :D

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I just hope they don't fire him before we play Ole Miss. I want to see at least one good meltdown before they whack this lunatic.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Ole missies firing of the most successful coach they ever had(Cutcliff) is almost as baffling as their hiring of Orgeron. What in the world were those idiots thinking?

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

If Cutcliff didnt have Eli, he wouldnt have won as many games as he did. I didnt think he was that good of a coach but I'm sure he's better than the idiot they have now.

6. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Are you sure these freshmen weren't academic casualties? I think I remember hearing that Ole Miss had signed some players with risky grades situations.

8. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Here's a Jackson Newspaper article...

Fortson QUIT. No academic casualty, he went home. There are a few others mentioned who were Freshmen but here is a story about a Sophomore player which was in yesterday's paper.

Attrition problems are definitely evident in Oxford as FIVE players have left or been run off since August 6th. At that rate Ole Miss may not have a team by
    October.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050819/SPORTS030103/508190353/1109

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Good to see what Ed O thinks of his players

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Reading that article, it sounds like Cutcliffe will be better off without Ole Miss. Where did he go? Sounds like he deserved to land on his feet.

Jury is still out on Ogeron.