Applying for housing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JVincent25, Jan 22, 2005.

1. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I guess I'm supposed to pick a dorm pretty soon for next year, but I have no idea what any of them are like. The descriptions all seem pretty much the same, but I guess I have it down to Acadian, Jackson, LeJune, and McVoy. Any suggestions?

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Acadian bleaux.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

herget is the best for meeting the girls, but prolly the hardest to get into and the smallest rooms. I would prolly pick Kirby smith second cause you get to me some cool people. After that I would prolly say Blake or McVoy because they are both co-ed like herget. last place I would want to live would be in the pentagon or the horse shoe, You will never meet anybody if you live there.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Blake is all girls... the Lavilles are filled with weird people, but have the biggest rooms (yeah I have a couch :thumb: )... Everyone I've talked to who are in Kirby, Blake, or McVoy hate it there. Herget rooms are very small compared to other dorms. Pentagon seems to be a love it or hate it type thing. Acadian is just about strictly an upper-classmen dorm. I can't name anyone I know who lives there that isn't a 3rd year or older. If you want Acadian you should turn in the application THE first day it's available. Don't get into a residential college. You will regret it. They have the power to punish you if they find alcohol, and they do check regularly... I found that out the hard way.... :dis:

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i got the same letter a couple of days ago but im staying off campus

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Go live at the Commons, or UH on Brightside... you will have ALOT more fun.

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Kirby-Smith isn't bad if you can get into a 2 person room on either the 12th or 14th floor. This is my 2nd year in kirby and i've enjoyed it, just me and my roommate sharing a bathroom and since we were on the 12th floor my first year and 14th this year the room came equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and a sink where you can wash crap it really isn't that bad. Really the worst thing about it is that the elevators are always broken and if you get jackasses next to you who like to bang on the wall and make lots of noise at 3-4 in the morning.

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Commons management sucks and they will try to rip you off with all sorts of bogus charges...UH is just a complete waste of money. They are pretty nice there but not worth what you are paying.

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

1st year: Lived in Kirby... I was that roommate that was up at 4 banging on **** and being a loud drunk.

2nd year: lived in UH on Brightside, it is a waste of money but when it gets warm... the pool is f cking wonderful... and the parties around there are always wild.

3rd year: nice house in the garden district... my favorite... we had an LSU room with 3 tvs for gameday when LSU was away and we couldnt make it... also had pool table and fooseball table... was a pimp house to bad I had to move to go to law school.

10. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

kteam is right your best bet is commons, sterling, or UH. The dorms are nice if you don't know people and need to make friends. Oh and Karl you were one loud mofo. BTW I see your old roommate all the time at reggies, he works their now.