Arburn 350 Plus yds first Half against Ole Miss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Celtic Tiger, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

Newto 169yds passing 3yds rushing

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

It's ridiculous. OM actually seems to know how to tackle Cam...by the legs. But crap, they can score at will. If Cam could throw accurately, it would be even worse.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

15/21 188 yards 1 TD, 5 car 4 yards.

4. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Watching Auburn and Oregon this year makes me realize how hard these various uptempo, spread offenses are.....if you've got a guy who can run and throw and knows the playbook sometimes they really make the defense almost helpless.

No news to anyone here but it just amazes me to watch it....the defense seems to have no possible answer. If you have that style of offense though the qb has to be a threat to run. Which makes me understand why the LSU coaching staff wanted JJ to be the man originally.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The spread is effective if 1. the QB is a threat to both run and pass, and 2. you have a dominant O-line. Auburn's OL has 4 seniors, and we've seen what Newton can do. The spread has less of a chance at success when you get good backfield penetration and you get tight coverage on receivers. It's an offense that a defense has to attack aggressively and not play back on its heels, otherwise you get dinked and dunked on all day.

6. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I have what maybe a dumb question & may be in the wrong thread. My facts are hearsay so bear with me. Terrence MaGee of Franklinton (a LSU commitment) is playing quarterback in high school & according to DD (Dandy) has a cannon for a arm and is possibly the best of the three running back currently committed to LSU. If LSU is looking for a mobile quarterback who can both run & throw the football why are they recruiting MaGee as a running back? Don't tell me they are to short because schools all over the country are scoring tons of points with smaller QB's. I mean considering that we are having a devil of a time getting a big time blue ribbon kid to come here why don't we use what we have? Didn't Jacksonville beat Ole Miss with a smaller QB who was player of the year in Alabama last year? Wasn't Ware a quarterback in high school? There is no way those guys would do any worse than what we are putting on the field now. Maybe LSU is overlooking the gems under their feet while searching far & wide for a savior. Just a thought.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Not putting the best people on the field and in a position to succeed has been an issue for 3 years running at LSU.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

At some point a defense will figure out how to shut it down, and we'll be right back where we were.

It's cyclical. As fun as it is to watch, there is an answer, which at some point will be found. No offense is perfect forever.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Miles is a Big 10 guy/pound the football- QB needs to be able to hand off and throw a bit. Crowton is a spread option. Miles is boss so mobile QB's are not a priority, I guess. His QB recruitment is so that we send in one to pass and one to run, essentially. :hihi:

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Cam's legs were tired from all that running last week, so they gave him this one as a "day off" from running. :geaux: