Are the Smoke Bashers hibernating?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Apr 25, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I did a little research and discovered that after the South Carolina sweep the Smoke bashers dominated the baseball threads with their incessant whining about how bad a coach Smoke is, how LSU has fallen, blah, blah, blah. The most vocal of these were Scotty B28, gzilla, contained chaos, locoguano, Dutchtown Tiger and KTeam LSU. Dutchtown Tiger was the only one to appear happy after the Tigers won the Ole Miss Series. Of the others, nary a word following our recent baseball successes except for this little gem from ScottyB28 during Ole Miss Game 2:

gzilla also chimed in at that point about the lack of coaching which resulted in such an unforgivable faux pas.

Anyway, I was just curious as to how the baseball threads got so vanilla after a series win, a sweep, timely hitting and magnificent pitching.

Draw your own conclusions.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I'm sure you're just as happy as a clam that your self-righteous-smug- constant-support-of-the-team-no-matter-how-poorly-it's-doing-voice-of-reason schtick was finally validated. Good for you.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I love lamp.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

obviously I am the true voice of reason.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion about Smoke, but I would hope that they don't tunr on the Tiger baseball program because they have a different opinion than Skip.

The thing that bothers me about the lack of posts by the Smoke detractors is that it appears to indicate that they are much more interested in Smoke and the team doing bad so that he would be fired than they are excited about LSU winning. And that disappoints me. Is the dislike of Smoke so great that many fans can't even enjoy or be proud when the team does do well? If so, that is a shame. And all indications are that is the way it is.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

My response to SF's post:

Good points . . . and points that you have made previously around here.

Here's the lesson for us all (me too):

If somebody thinks that a LSU coach is doing a poor job, they should have some very solid evidence to back them up before they shoot their mouth off. If you do shoot your mouth off and express an opinion, always be prepared to admit when you are wrong, and always be prepared to make note of new circumstances that indicate that your opinion may be wrong.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Like I said: Draw your own conclusions. CajDav, Jean Lafitte (who I know is not a Smoke fan), Tirk, myself and others are here during good and bad times. Some people (I know because I've been living with one for 30 years) just aren't happy if they're not b!tching about something. If the shoe fits...

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I somewhat agree that the worst Smoke haters pop up whenever LSU does lose

BUT

I think that happens with everyone. Remember when Saban lost to UGA? Some asked if the NC had gotten to Sabans head, Jimbo should be fired, and everything else....

9. batman2

batman2 Founding Member

Smoke still must go. Last time I checked 2nd place in the West and 3 to 4 games back overall isn't what we expected from the so call best LSU team put on paper. Give me a break. Everybody needs to stop kissing this teams rear end. We win a National Championship in football and we boo the hell out of Marcus Randall for throwing an interception and rip him to threads. We have a so called ace picture that has trouble getting out of the 3rd inning on Friday nights and we clap as he exits the field. The problem is that these players and coaches are full of theirselves. They need to realize that they have done nothing. As of now and for the as few years they are nothing but talk. Stop talking about it and do something about it. I'm as big of an LSU fan as there is but i'm just stating the truth. Stop kissing this teams rear end and make them prove themselves. :angryfire

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It's not so much that they show up when LSU loses, actually I find many of the posts very amusing, it's that they don't show when we win to oofer congrats to the players at least.