are you serious?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Oct 3, 2010.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Its 2010. Its time for a change!

2. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Laugh all you want, evidently you have never coached a sport. You only have one defense and that defense is deteriorating. And you must have a reading comprehension problem.....all you have offered is a record.

Everyone else who believes we may have a problem with our coach and the program has offered up countless pieces of evidence that a problem exists and needs to be corrected. You, on the other hand are so myopic that all that matters to you is the "W" and you don't care how you get it.

Evidently Miles doesn't feel the way you do either. If he did, at the press conference today, all he would say is "Hey, look at my record, we won."

1 person likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wasn't aware of all the no-shows.

Not surprised.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

eventually they will. if things continue. I would LOVE to be in BR where I could go but people are fickle, way too many other forms of entertainment these days....

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

trickle down effect, it will take a while, the start is the booing, then a few empty seats for OOC games after a few losses people feel like we should win, then if things continue and we make a sub par bowl, poor bowl attendance, then comes the season ticket sales not selling out quite as fast as they did last yr.....

so they ramp up the advertising, offer some incentives, some vendors in the stadium complain sales are off, maybe the RV parking doesnt get sold completely out next yr.. ticket prices drop some but they disguise it as a "special". . etccc and so it goes the slow erroding....

look at UT VOLS for example, ( under Fulmer ) they sold BIG time ticket numbers in Knoxville just a few yrs ago.... HUGE stadium..... LOOK around YOU at other programs that have recently gone through this EXACT same thing....

its all business man.... college FB is big $$$ and when a few 100K get dropped here and there someone doesnt get paid as much and it is noticed in the cash drawer trust me it is.

it pains me to think it could happen to LSU. but it can and it will if they Keep Miles for very many yrs.

6. acemic

acemic Founding Member

If chavis can keep FAT phil from getting fired from TENN. he will help keep CLM till he can rid himself of the wizard ( i hope)

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

So .. I guess we can say that 11,000 got drunk and passed out tailgating for the opener, ..... and it was so good, another 4,000 joined them. :eek:

So .. what's the problem??:D

:geaux:

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Wait - "ARE YOU SERIOUS" about the 15% vacant stadium?
    Are you kidding me? Are you saying Tiger Stadium is 15% empty against a ranked team on a Saturday night? Whats wrong with you people!! I grew up with a man who never missed a home game from WWII till he couldn't make it to his seat in 1997. And there were a lot leaner times than now. Damn, Tulane was the dominant team in the state at that time. Look up Mac's record against Bear if you want to know futility. But we were always there and we always supported the team. There was a lot to complain about but Tigers always show up. We always supported our guys, bitched about the coaching at lot, but if the players were there how could we not be.

What your telling me is that people are staying home because they're embarrassed by Miles? Or they get upset at the game and its not fun? Do you really think that's what supporting a team means? We're Tiger fans - the green stays home, not the Purple and Gold. Those 15% no shows are more embarrassing to me than CLM can ever be. And don't even start with its CLM and GCs fault. Can you say fair weather fans?

I fully expect to get blasted for this post; and thats fine. If the facts above are correct. If a ranked visitor came into Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night and you're a no show ticket holder because you don't like the coach - I can't imagine there is any way I can see your point of view. But take your best shot.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

It's called "entitlement", and it's rampant in this fanbase. Just like the people that get SO MAD because they don't already know who the starting QB is. They buy tix, tshirts, etc, and damnit, the have a RIGHT!!! :rolleye33:

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Well I would say maybe, just maybe CLM isn't taking the team down; maybe it's just following the fan base.

1 person likes this.